Technical Product Manager (AI/ML)
Only Hiring in the US and Canada
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
We build software which assists utilities and infrastructure operators work safely and efficiently. These software solutions combine user-friendly interfaces with large amounts of external data and machine learning models to drive the best possible decisions, while maintaining high security and data privacy standards.
Our Application Team partners closely with product managers, user interface designers, and our other engineering teams to develop performant, easy to use full stack web applications which drive the workflows and decisions of our customers.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
At Urbint, the machine learning team does not work on making consumers spend more or on maximizing clicks. That is all fine; we work on reducing carbon emissions, reducing infrastructure risk and avoiding fatalities. We find meaning and excitement solving these problems, and we hope you do, too.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our high visibility, high impact Machine Learning team to help with this mission. The ML team collaborates with a diverse, broader-mission team to deliver value for our customers. Members of the Machine Learning team have the option to major/minor in areas from a large data science specialization spectrum: Technical Product Management, People Management, Data Story-Telling, Applied ML, ML Research, AutoML (Algo/Performance) and MLOps (DE, SRE). This is a great role for someone who enjoys variety and is also looking to expand their skill set in a structured fashion.
What You’ll Do
- You will manage a team of data scientists to deliver a portfolio of Machine Learning projects.
- Enable the ML team via effective cross-team coordination.
- Manage your team’s sprint goals, stories and deliverables.
- Set ambitious objectives for the quarter and iteratively deliver key results.
- Ensure the Data Science solutions clearly reflect and effectively solve the business problem in question.
- You will have strong communication and organizational skills.
- You will convey complex ideas & trade-off decisions to business stakeholders.
- You will be the go-to person for Model owners to understand business requirements.
- You balance autonomy with guidance by giving your team the information to make decisions effectively and independently.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in data science/machine learning roles.
- You have built many ML models but see yourself more interested in the business interfacing side of ML.
- Expert in translating business problems into data science problems.
- Expert in translating data science results back to business terms.
- You love to be hands-on. We are not looking for a project manager.
- Passionate about delivery measurable business value.
- Experience with Agile and comfortable with startup environments.
Nice to Have
- Experience solving a wide spectrum of business problems.
- Track record of creating excellent slack emojis and memes.
- Data storytelling and visualization.
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package
- 100% Distributed - work from anywhere
- Distributed work monthly stipend
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid
- Wellness reimbursement
- Educational Allowance- $1000/yr
- Weekly lunch stipend
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs