Data Analyst, Accounting
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
We’re looking for a driven, experienced Business and Data Analyst to join our Accounting team. Carvana’s accounting benefits from data science, analysis, reporting, and process improvements. An ideal candidate will support our accounting team by understanding workflows, identifying areas of opportunity, and utilizing their technical skills to solve problems and improve processes. The ideal candidate will be able to not only work with complex data sets from disparate sources but also be able to work with stakeholders to understand and document their current processes, build out automation solutions, assist with process improvement, and produce meaningful reporting for the accounting team.
What you’ll be doing
- Utilize business intelligence related tools and concepts such as Tableau, SQL (through MS SQL Server), relational database design, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and Python to solve operational problems and then implement and maintain them.
- Extract, cleanse, and visualize data using the tools and techniques described above.
- Plan, design and optimize data processes and structure for throughput and query performance.
- Add business value by helping architect, design, and prototype solutions to streamline business processes by implementing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) or similar technologies.
- Partner with end-users to validate data and ensure buy-in with new reporting, process, or analysis.
- Work with others to understand business processes and deliver data so that non-technical resources can understand/respond as needed.
- Become familiar with current operations across various operational departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know/have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution required.
- 2+ years’ professional experience in data, reporting, and analytics.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Exposure to Tableau and SQL is preferred.
- Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools (ETL processes, Python, etc.).
- You are a self-starter with the ability to lead and build trust quickly.
- Capable of managing competing priorities and the ability to work with ambiguity.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Practice excellent written and verbal communication, able to present and articulate data stories to leaders at various levels.
- Exposure to or background in Accounting is a plus.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more..
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs