San Francisco, CA
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!The Role-
Using data to make informed decisions is a strategic imperative and competitive advantage for Modern Health. As a Data Engineer, your role is integral in ensuring we have the infrastructure and systems in place to make this possible across the company. You will own our data pipelining end-to-end and work cross-functionally to help us achieve our goals. The ideal candidate should be comfortable using Looker, SQL, Postgres, AWS (RDS, ECS, EC2), and Terraform.What You’ll Do-
- Partner with people across the company (PM, engineering, data analysts, operations, care, customer success) to understand data needs and pain points.
- Build systems, tools, and documentation to enable and empower data customers from around the company to confidently build accurate dashboards, run data research projects, instrument features, and support outcome studies.
- Define and iterate on our data models and pipelining to best support engineering, product, and business goals.
- Own data integrity for our key product and company health KPIs.
- Experience using SQL to explore data and build dashboards.
- Experience in ETL design and implementation.
- Experience in data modeling and schema design.
- You are a self-starter and see projects through from inception to completion with minimal oversight.
- You have experience working cross-functionally and partnering with stakeholders across departments of varying levels.
- You care deeply about product experience and quality.
- Health tech experience is preferred, but not required.
- Bonus points if you have experience with AWS.
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity