Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Sofia, Sofia City, Bulgaria
The Machine Learning Research team in Ocado Sofia is part of the Advanced Technology division of Ocado and works on projects that push the boundaries of what can be achieved with machine learning technology in the computer vision and robotics domains.
Some of the things we are working on are control of robots to perform dexterous manipulation tasks, recognise 1000s of different products in our range from camera images, recognise irregular parts and containers in our warehouses and vehicle fleet and many others.
The team provides an environment in which innovation can thrive and we collaborate with various research and development teams across the development centres of Ocado in the UK, Canada and Bulgaria.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work on novel projects that involve fast system prototyping and experimentation using computer vision software, robotics systems, machine learning models and large-scale compute infrastructure.
- Improve our world-leading tools and infrastructure for large-scale machine learning.
- Explore latest hardware accelerators, deep learning frameworks and technologies, robots, VR and teleoperation devices.
- Bring highest standard in software engineering and the use of hardware and cloud infrastructure to the team.
- Design and execute cutting edge experiments and train state-of-the-art deep neural networks for prediction and reinforcement learning.
- Contribute to technical blog posts, papers, talks and patent applications.
What You Need:
- Degree (PhD, MS, BS) in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Math or relevant majors.
- Proficiency in cloud, distributed and highly available systems, testing frameworks, CI/CD, containerization, code quality, security and design patterns.
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals and demonstrated ability to write high-quality code.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java and C++.
- Some knowledge and interest in machine learning in one or more deep learning frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Experience using Kubernetes, Docker and Cloud computing platforms (GCP, AWS).
- 5+ years of work experience.
- Excellent communication skills and strong at fostering work relationships.
What Will Help You Further:
- Knowledge in application areas such as computer vision and robotics.
- Experience with data analysis and visualisation tools such as Jupyter, pandas, matplotlib.
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. NoSQL databases, BigQuery, Spark, Airflow, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to learn fast and make pragmatic choices about the use of technologies and resources to balance timelines, objectives and quality.
- Experience driving multi-year research or development projects.
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.