Machine Learning - Data Scientist
Distributed, AMER | Distributed, EMEA
Your primary focus will be driving forward research and development in support of the analytics and machine learning initiatives in the Elastic Stack. You will be analyzing Observability, Security and Enterprise search data sets, providing recommendations on analytical techniques suitable for such data, drawing insights from the data, developing new models and support training of models using features in the Stack.
What you will be doing
- Collect, analyse and produce insights from large datasets using the Elastic Stack and Jupyter notebooks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of data scientists, senior technical leads, and product management.
- Prototype and implement machine learning models using machine learning features in the Elastic Stack.
- Promote knowledge share and collaboration in a distributed team
- Working with the community on bugs and performance issues and assisting out support engineers with tougher customer issues.
What you will bring
- Strong understanding of data science fundamentals and data analysis techniques.
- Experience in analysing time series data/dev ops data such as logs, metrics, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in a data science/data analysis role and a track record of successfully driving insights from large volumes of data.
- Strong experience in Python, Pandas, and Jupyter notebook.
- Experience in AI/ML such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, etc.,
- Self motivated, collaborative style, open communicator, experience distributed
- Good attention to detail and highly organized
- Experience with Elastic Stack and solutions such as Security and Observability (including AIOps) is a bonus