Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, Austin, or Remote
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will define, identify, and execute insights empowering our customers to improve operational efficiencies and provide a world-class shipping experience. This will encompass identifying and parsing data, combining data from various sources, conducting exploratory analysis, identifying and visualizing trends, building and validating models, retraining and improving model performance, and getting it ready for deployment in production. The Intelligence team contains both data scientists and software engineers responsible for creating and implementing state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms. The primary responsibility of this role is to assist in algorithm development. Experience with advanced machine learning, experience working with BI tools and a keen analytical mind are key for success in this fast-paced environment.
- Develop and build machine learning prototypes to solve business problems using algorithms based on machine learning, statistics, and optimization
- Partner with engineering/product to productionize those algorithms and create impact in production.
- Design ML experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and impactful conclusions.
- Propose and guide the machine learning framework to drive business insight and facilitate decisions.
- Establish standard methodologies for data science including modeling, coding, analytics, and experimentation.
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other Quantitative Field of Study
- Expertise in exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis, and testing, and model development using Python and SQL
- 3+ years work experience in predictive analytics research that drives analytic product innovation and implementation
- Ability to work efficiently at scale with large data sets
- Ability to handle multiple mission-critical projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!
Other jobs like this
Senior Data ScientistData analysis Data Analytics Data visualization Economics Engineering Machine Learning Pipelines +6
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs