Software Engineer, Data Science
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our Car vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary!).
About the team and position
We’re looking for experienced software and data engineers with a passion for tackling big problems to work within our Logistics Data and Decision Science team at Carvana. Our team is responsible for developing advanced analytics solutions to optimize and solve some of the hardest logistics and supply chain problems. The team develops algorithms and systems that automate and optimize the movement of 20K+ per month vehicles cross-country and delivering right at the customer’s doorsteps. Planning and scheduling the moves of these vehicles after acquisition to reconditioning facilities, and then delivering specific vehicles to specific customers is an exciting data science problem. We develop, test, and maintain near real-time algorithms and systems that continuously optimize vehicle and truck movements, delivery dates promised to customers, and availability of appointments on our website.
As an engineering leader in our team, you will help develop robust, scalable, maintainable backend, front end, and API components that are the foundation of these sophisticated algorithms. You will work with a top-caliber team of data scientists and engineers and will build software and systems that transform advanced mathematical algorithms and models to practical decision support tools in a scalable and robust fashion. You will be responsible for developing applications and systems that scale with the rapid growth of the company while having an immediate, tangible and direct impact on our customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop Python-based applications with the Decision Science team serving business needs in Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Responsibilities may include creating APIs, UIs, and data pipelines depending on experience in addition to building automation, tooling, or integrations for decision sciences.
- Assist with solutions for application logging, monitoring, error reporting, alerting, and related software management.
- Enhance platform infrastructure using technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Azure Cloud.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- Motivation to learn, lead, and contribute as a team player on a variety of data and software engineering projects.
- 1-2 years of experience or more completing projects and creating quality software solutions.
- Solid programming fundamentals with preferred emphasis in Python.
- Ability to communicate ideas and execution plans clearly to both technical and non-technical teams.
It would be great if you also had
- Knowledge in SQL and relational database design as well as crafting performant queries.
- Experience with software containerization & orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes, and working with Cloud computing in AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Data Science.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Junior Data Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Kafka-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs