Sr. Manager, Engineering - eCommerce and Big Data
Austin, TX; Bothell, Washington; Redwood City, CA; San Diego, CA; Remote
We aspire not only to make people more successful by using technology to improve their thinking but also to build an incredible company while doing so. We’re looking for a talented Senior Manager, Engineering for our eCommerce and Big Data teams. He or she will drive the teams responsible for user activation, engagement, data engineering and eCommerce. Our teams are small, we move quickly, and craft software that millions of people around the world love and use daily, generating billions of records and petabytes of data annually.
What you'll do
- You own complex technical projects which span multiple teams from planning through execution and support adoption of software engineering standard methodologies.
- Bring your eCommerce, engagement, and big data insight and best practices to help lead Evernote into the future.
- Act as an evangelist for your teams throughout the company.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of high quality software releases. Constantly evaluate our success and lead change when necessary.
- You will define evaluation criteria for new technologies and software development techniques, and drive their adoption when appropriate.
- We want someone who will provide leadership, skills development opportunities, and mentoring to both engineers and engineering managers, in addition to finding, hiring and retaining the best technical talent.
- You will assess and handle product risks including handling engineering schedules, while minimizing technical debt and improving the quality of the technology.
What you've done
- You've hired, led and motivated multiple technical teams.
- You have experience with remote employees or have worked in a satellite office.
- You've earned a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience as an individual contributor.
- You've built software from the ground up in a rapid development environment using Agile, Scrum, and/or other modern software development methodology
Characteristics that will make you successful in the role
- Outstanding engineering background and extensive experience with web technologies
- Background in consumer facing applications
- Deep understanding of client-server architectures and associated software design patterns
- Exceptional technical management experience to draw upon
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Experience with Scrum
- Ability to clearly distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
- We are looking for someone who supports team career growth and job happiness
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.