Staff Data Engineer
New York, NY
As a Data Engineer at The RealReal you'll lead automation, personalization and data pipeline initiatives. You will own critical systems throughout the platform and be responsible for their
development, adding new, valuable features, and ensuring that these systems perform correctly.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Director of Data Engineering.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of data products
- Develop reliable, near real time and batch data pipelines that make data easily consumable by end users and other systems
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines
- Design and implement data schemas and models that can scale
- Mentor team members to build the company’s overall expertise
- Work to make The RealReal an innovator in the space by bringing passion and new ideas to work every day
What You Bring To The Role
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to define requirements
- Expert knowledge of Python & SQL and other languages
- Strong Experience with Airflow
- Strong Experience with data streaming such as Apache Kafka, Dataflow, AWS kinesis, Spark Streaming, or similar tools.
- Strong Experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, AZURE) with strong preference to GCP.
- Strong Experience with BigQuery or similar (Redshift, Snowflake, other MPP databases)
- Strong Experience building data pipelines & ETL
- Strong Experience with command line, version control software (git)
- Strong Experience with BI tools & ETL tools
- Strong Experience with big data technologies at scale
NICE TO HAVE
- E-commerce & Startup experience
- Experience with java & dataflow
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.