Staff Data Science Engineer
Senior or Staff Data Science Engineer
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equity. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
About Data Science Engineering (DSE)
DSE at GoPro is responsible for our in-house data platform, data engineering, automated data analytics reporting and machine learning infrastructure. We are responsible for enabling and empowering our partners in product, engineering, analytics, and marketing teams by providing infrastructure, tools, services, and visualization to access data and business reports. We also leverage machine learning and data integrations to support marketing operations (advertising & CRM) as well as product development.
About the role:
As part of this engineering team, you will work with vast amounts of data from user identity, subscription services, mobile apps, desktop apps, camera, marketing, advertising, e-commerce, sales, and media. You will work on diverse data technologies such as Spark, Airflow, Scala, SQL, and Python. You will work closely with our development, analytics, marketing, and product teams to enable data-driven decisions which improve the experience of millions of users worldwide.
What You Will Do
- Leverage our existing data platform to build end-to-end production data pipelines that will be used for user segmentation, media content analysis, and customer behavior analysis (LTV, churn, purchase propensity), and content recommendations.
- Help to build ML infrastructure to extend our analysis capabilities.
- Collaborate with teams in multiple locations for requirement, design and testing.
- You are passionate about data, coding. and the design and development of systems that enable data driven decisions.
- You have the capability to synthesize business requirements and construct technical requirements and engineering project plans.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate in a clear, collaborative and open-minded manner with both technical and non-technical peers.
- You have the ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance in a dynamic environment.
- You have ability to troubleshoot, debug, and identify the relevant information in reporting a defect with exceptional attention to detail
Skills We’re Excited About
- Ph.D or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical experience in Software Development or Machine learning
- Strong software development experience with proficiency in at least one high-level programming language such as Python, Scala, Java or R.
- 3-5 years industry experience in machine learning in a production environment
Bonus Points For
- You have a strong background in distributed data processing and software engineering and can build high-quality, scalable data products.
- You have strong knowledge of data architecture, data modeling, and data infrastructure ecosystems.
- Experience in building end-to-end machine learning pipelines
- Experience with data and model monitoring and services
- Experience with video analysis
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Junior Data Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Kafka-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs