Senior Analytics Engineer (BI/Data Engineering team)
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team and participate in the development of our next-generation, world-class analytics and reporting environment. In this role, you will regularly liaise with Big Data Engineers and other Data Analysts/ Engineers in order to define the necessary data warehouse schemas, ETL pipelines and reporting dashboards in both commercial analytics software suites as well as bespoke in-house tools. As a subject matter expert, you will be responsible for turning loosely defined ad-hoc queries into systemic, intuitive reporting and visualisation instruments that will help guide operations, marketing, finance and fraud prevention elements of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a real explorer with a can-do attitude who will combine business knowledge and technical skills. If you are a self-starter with proven organizational and multitasking skills, able to internalise and translate concrete business requirements into sophisticated analytical reporting and visualisation solutions that will help Beat drive business growth across different markets, this position is for you.
About the team
The BI/Data Engineering team is part of the wider Data team - comprising analysts, engineers, and applied scientists - whose mandate is to enable all corners of the company to exploit data models & customer insights. We extract deep insights, develop predictive models, and run simulations in order to understand the complex system that is urban mobility and translate this into optimised customer experience, optimised ecosystem revenue, and ideation on new business models. This includes projects in customer segmentation, customer journey, pricing, supply/demand, routing, growth, marketing, and experimentation.
What will you have to do day in day out:
- Liaise with fellow Data Analysts, Data Engineers and stakeholders, and conduct insightful analysis using a multitude of data (e.g. customer, operations, product, revenue, market, industry) to derive insights that will drive business decisions
- Derive insights from both historical analytical records and real-time streams
- Work alongside Big Data Engineers in defining the data warehouse schemas needed to realise real-time analytics
- Develop new higher-level data models to better abstract business operations and enable innovation on new business models
- Convert ad-hoc exploratory insights into intuitive, automated, systemic reports and data visualisations using Tableau as well as bespoke, in-house analytics tools and maintain them
- Define KPIs creation, reporting and alerting requirements
- Communicate key insights and findings to key stakeholders
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's, Master’s or higher degrees in an quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, or Statistics)
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Engineer, or Data Scientist
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Expert knowledge of SQL as well as Microsoft Excel (or equivalent)
- Proven hands-on experience with R or Python
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools (experience with Tableau is a bonus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skill
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program.
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs