Data Analyst - Ocado Robotics
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, UK
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Over the last year, we have witnessed a major transformation for Ocado Technology and the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). From weathering the pains of customers placing their first orders, to offering an online retail solution that has helped rocket our business to the FTSE 100. Not only are we ‘live’ and successful for a major retailer but we are well underway in realising our vision in becoming the leading retail online platform provider, with four of the world’s leading retailers already on board.
This Product Analyst role is in our Ocado Robotics team which will act as a ‘centre of excellence’ driving forward Ocado Technologies Robotic Arm capabilities, spanning multiple use cases across different industries.
As a Product Analyst you will create, maintain and analyse product dashboards using the data created by tests and usability studies within Ocado Robotics, supporting Product Managers to make data driven decisions to continue to innovate and improve our Robotic Picking technology. We’re looking for ambitious, creative problem-solvers who can challenge convention and make an impact.
- Value - Identify the fundamental metrics / KPIs behind Ocado Robotics, the levers that drive them and use these to help product managers unlock and track the value delivered by our products
- Architecture - Understand where data resides, who owns it and how it is used and identify opportunities for improvement
- Tooling - Identify and build reusable solutions to enable analysis to build on previous work
- Problem solving - Use your skills and experience to find platform problems and opportunities, help to size them and understand the route cause and drivers to guide the product roadmap
- Data democratisation - Empower teams with the right tools, reports and guidance to leverage insight to make better informed decisions
- Craft - Share best practice analytics techniques across Ocado Technology
We'd be interested to hear from you if you have the below...
- Can-do attitude in a fast-paced, complex and often ambiguous environment
- Strong bias for action and impatience for improvement
- Commercially-aware and user-focused - ability to understand needs and identify priorities to unlock value through analytics
- Interest in and curiosity about Robotics
- Significant demonstrable experience in a Data / Business Analyst role
- First class / 2:1 degree in a highly numerate subject
(e.g. Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering or similar) or relevant experience
- Intermediate SQL
- Able to work with large and complex datasets and apply various data wrangling techniques
- Analytics 101
- Designing KPIs and Metrics that Matter
- Applying data analysis techniques and mathematical methods to complex problems
- Able to provide actionable insights for stakeholders using a data driven approach.
- Building self-service BI solutions e.g. Tableau, Looker, DataStudio
- Statistical analysis
- Active listener
- Ability to simplify the complex and tailor output for any audience
- Able to bring different skills and personalities together to deliver great outcomes
Bonus points if you have experience in...
- Advanced Analytics: Machine learning and simulation
- Domain knowledge: Ecommerce, Supply Chain, Fulfilment or Logistics
- Experience of A/B testing implementation
- Experience with BigQuery
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa, except the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.