Platform Engineer (Kubernetes) - Big Data Analytics
Remote, anywhere in LATAM
Information about project:
As a Platform Engineer in the CICD team within the IT Business Applications group, you will play a key role in our Continuous Delivery Platform initiative. You will partner with various teams to automate and improve the software delivery process within the IT department. Our team will be responsible for the technical vision as well as the technical implementation across the IT organization. Your enthusiasm for code quality, release engineering, and developer efficiency will set a new standard for continuous delivery for the company. We will partner with you and learn about various systems, platforms, understand their challenges and collaborate with SMEs to develop scalable continuous delivery pipelines.
● Build and maintain CI pipelines using tools like GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, SonarQube, Vault, and Terraform.
● Learn and implement observability and logging solutions such as Splunk, SignalFX
● Debugging deployment issues in AWS, Docker. You should know how to use nslookup, traceroute, etc.
● Investigate build and deployment related issues using monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
● Build tools and services that can improve engineering efficiency and partner with the development team to introduce new tools and industry standard practices.
Experience + Expectations:
● Excellent programming skills with a good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
● 2+ years experience with Docker and understanding of Docker concepts such as Networking, Storage, Docker Registry, and Images.
● 2+ years of experience using modern CI systems such as Gitlab, Circle CI, Travis, etc.
● 2+ years of experience automating provisioning of cloud infrastructure using tools such as Terraform
● 2+ years of experience in Kubernetes. Should have experience leading technical discussions and implementation work for Kubernetes and how to design CI/CD workflows for K8.
- Docker, Gitlab, Circle CI, Travis