Data Analyst - Trust and Safety
San Francisco, CA
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch's decision-making process, and analysts are an essential component to promote data-driven decisions in all of our operations. As an analyst at Twitch, you will be in on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way we refine operational processes, measure the efficacy of policy and provide insights about safety that influence the way Twitch products are built. You will determine what questions are asked, and scale analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
For this role, we're looking for a data analyst who will assist our Trust & Safety team, focusing on policy and operational excellence. The Trust & Safety team's mission is to make Twitch the trusted place for creators to build thriving communities. Your role on the team is to level up the understanding and capabilities of Trust & Safety partners and guide them towards better decision making from the available data. In a typical week or month, you will manage data instrumentation, dashboard/report building, metrics reviews, and ad hoc analysis.
- Manage one or more safety data products end to end; guide workstreams including data pipelining, data analysis, metric definition, dashboard building and data visualization.
- Advocate for your data products by contributing to business cases that improve prioritization and identify new trends and opportunities for your space.
- Cultivate relationships with partners across operations, product, policy, and engineering to remove roadblocks, provide insight, and build projects to reduce harm to the Twitch community.
- Create analytical frameworks to measure team success: partner with teams to determine success metrics, create approaches to track the data and troubleshoot errors, measure and evaluate the data, then develop a common language for all colleagues to understand these Indicators.
- Operationalize data processes - provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools
- Work with product and engineering teams to develop our data infrastructure to use data to turn into insights.
- 2+ years of industry experience in a relevant field
- Expert SQL skills--your ability to tap into our data pipeline will be essential to your success
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools (SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Mode, or Looker)
- Experience using data to produce insight and achieve your goals
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including time series analysis, experimentation, forecasting, data visualization, and defining Measurement strategies for your business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable working with sensitive or disturbing content
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily (on return to office)
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Junior Data Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Kafka-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs