Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Sofia, Sofia City, Bulgaria
What we do
The Machine Learning Research team in Ocado Sofia is part of the Advanced Technology division of Ocado and works on projects that push the boundaries of what can be achieved with machine learning technology in the computer vision and robotics domains.
Some of the things we are working on are control of robots to perform dexterous manipulation tasks, recognise 1000s of different products in our range from camera images, recognise irregular parts and containers in our warehouses and vehicle fleet and many others.
The team provides an environment in which innovation can thrive and we collaborate with various research and development teams across the development centres of Ocado in the UK, Canada and Bulgaria.
What you'll be doing:
- Working on novel projects that involve fast system prototyping and experimentation using computer vision software, robotics systems, machine learning models and large-scale compute infrastructure.
- Design and execute cutting edge experiments.
- Training state-of-the-art deep neural networks for prediction and reinforcement learning.
- Explore latest hardware accelerators, deep learning frameworks and technologies, robots, VR and teleoperation devices.
- Designing robotic setups in the lab and physics simulation environments.
- Identifying opportunities and driving new initiatives for applying machine learning in Ocado.
- Contributing to technical blog posts, papers, talks and patent applications.
What you need:
- Degree (PhD, MS, BS) in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Applied Math or relevant majors.
- Excellent knowledge of theory and practice of machine learning and especially using deep learning models and large-scale datasets.
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals and demonstrated ability to write high-quality code.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java and C++.
- Knowledge in one or more deep learning frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch.
- 5+ years of work experience with at least 1 year focused on machine learning.
- Excellent communication skills and strong at fostering work relationships.
What will help you further:
- Knowledge in application areas such as computer vision and robotics.
- Experience with data analysis and visualisation tools such as Jupyter, pandas, matplotlib.
- Experience with big data and distributed computing technologies (e.g. BigQuery, Spark, etc.).
- Experience using Kubernetes, Docker and Cloud computing platforms (GCP, AWS).
- Strong publication record in relevant areas.
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs