Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
The Machine Learning team is a central player in the Poshmark organization. Our mission is to build a world-class machine learning platform to bring value out of data for us and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data science and machine learning, support exploding business, and use machine learning to drive value across the chain (Search, personalization, fraud detection, catalog digitisation to name a few)
The Machine Learning Engineering team at Poshmark is looking for an experienced machine learning engineer to take care of Poshmak’s requirement to take machine learning models with varying requirements to production . The role requires excellent software development skills to build and maintain real-time and batch data pipelines with a focus on scalability and optimizations. In addition, the role also requires collaborating with Data Science, Analytics and other Engineering teams to build newer ETLs analyzing terabytes of data.
- Build highly scalable, available, fault-tolerant machine learning systems
- Responsible for taking care of some of the most critical machine learning pipelines at Poshmark.
- Identify avenues where machine learning can help solve business problems
- Run experiments with different models to optimize for business metrics
- Productionizing ML models in collaboration with the Data Science and other Engineering teams.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects.
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures.
- Create WBS (Work breakdown structure) for projects and execute them, taking full ownership, with minimal guidance.
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Excellent technical problem solving using data structures and algorithms, with emphasis on optimization and code quality.
- Expertise architecting and building large-scale machine learning systems
- A good understanding of data science concepts and machine learning lifecycle
- Participate and contribute to constantly improving best practices in development.
- Be self-driven, take complete ownership of initiatives, make pragmatic technical decisions and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Good understanding of classical machine learning concepts and deep learning concepts is a plus.
- Strong understanding of object oriented design and patterns.
- Flexible and open to trying out newer technologies and adopting them as and when needed.
- Languages : SQL & Scala/Python.
- Technologies: Flask, Docker, Redis, Redshift, Kafka, sklearn, pyTorch, Tensorflow, Spark, Mlflow, Sagemaker
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values:
1) Focus on People to create empowered communities that drive success;
2) Together we Grow to support each other to strive for our dreams;
3) Lead with Love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and
4) Embrace your Weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey.
We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Junior Data Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Kafka-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs