Data Science Manager, Product and Marketing Analytics
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Data Science Manager for Marketing and Product Analytics, you will lead a pod of Data Scientists helping to build a great experience for our renters and landlord partners. By partnering with Product and Marketing on discovery, A/B testing and campaign experimentation, you and your team will inform how we engage with our customers and build Rhino’s best in class renter product.
This role reports to the Director of Data Science.
In this role you will:
- Partner with Marketing leadership on campaign design and evaluation for both renter and landlord outreach
- Partner with Product leadership on scoping quantitative Product discovery and to build an experimentation driven product development culture
- Collaborate with Engineering and Data Engineering to ensure we collect the right data to understand our users
- Extend Rhino’s data models to formalize how we think about user behavior and evaluate third party analytics tools for your area
- Empower business partners and executive leadership to easily understand our product performance through clear and accessible reporting
- Lead a pod of Data Scientists
We’re ideally seeking:
- 4+ years of experience working in a Data Science / Analytics capacity in Tech, E-Commerce or Media / Advertising
- Strong ability to combine quantitative analysis and intuition about user behavior to drive business goals. Track record of successfully using experimentation to influence user behavior and improve marketing campaign performance and product development.
- Applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation.
- Solid SQL and Python scripting skills
- Hands-on experience working with email and event tracking data (e.g. Drip, Iterable, Segment, Amplitude). Experience designing ETL workflows to transform raw data into analytical datasets and metrics for business wide consumption
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interest in translating analysis results into business recommendations
- Strong project management skills. Ability to set priorities and consistently deliver under ambiguity
- Experience as a Tech Lead or people manager
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.