Data Scientist - Forecasting
What you’ll be doing
At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our Growth and Forecasting team. The team is responsible for ensuring that we grow sustainably. Your role within the Growth and Forecasting team will be to use data and models to help understand Wise’s financial growth and shape strategy.
At Wise, everyone gets a ton of freedom and autonomy. We won’t be micromanaging or looking over your shoulder. You’ll need to:
- Own the data — you are responsible for the data pipeline that powers the forecasting models, the analysis, and the dashboards
- Through analysis and modelling, you’ll be building a solid understanding on the relationships between the behaviour of our customers and our growth drivers
- Drive the development of technically advanced, robust, and accurate statistical/machine learning forecasting models
- Create data driven stories that explain our growth and that are shared internally with employees and externally to our investors
- Be an important part of quarterly planning sessions, helping set a strategy and vision for how your team can have more impact
The experience you’ll need
- You have 2-5 years’ experience as a data scientist or comparable role
- You’ve got very strong SQL (e.g. UDF, window functions) and solid Python skills
- You have prototyped data analytics products (packages, Apps, dashboards) in Python or R
- You have built statistical or ML models before, you have experience with data preprocessing techniques, EDA on large datasets, feature engineering techniques, model evaluation and productionizing/deployment
- You have a solid understanding of statistics, you know how to evaluate model performance and uncertainty, you can perform hypothesis testing, you can evaluate the pros and cons of the algorithms you’re familiar with
- You have used data analysis and modeling to generate insights and narratives through exploration and visualization, you are familiar with data visualization software and packages
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into simple, elegant, and lovely solutions that are good enough, rather than perfect. You’re pragmatic and impact focused: you will choose Excel over Python if it is a better solution for the problem
- You’ve worked with minimal direction before and are strong in structuring your approach to data analysis and modelling. You can communicate insights in a clear and structured manner both orally and in writing
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, Wise needs to take background checks on all new hires, whose roles in the Finance team include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.