There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
- Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
- Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
- Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
- Get It Done. Results matter!
- Own It
- Make Each Other the Best
- Embrace each others’ Differences
- Interface with data scientists, product managers, and business stakeholders to understand data needs and help build data infrastructure that scales across the company
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
8+ years experience with
- writing SQL statements.
- Must be strong in python
- Experience with Apache Airflow is highly desirable.
- schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- object-oriented programming languages.
- analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- working with either a MapReduce or an MPP system.
- the data warehouse space.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION :
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field.
- Experience with data visualization.
- 4 years experience using Python.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?