Senior Data Analyst
About SecurityScorecardFunded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of A through F based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a Best Workplace, Best Places to Work in NYC by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team
The Corporate Insights and Analyses team in SecurityScorecard is a new team with a new mission. Our goal is to apply data science techniques to internal data to improve company operations and produce data-oriented marketing content. We’ll do this by using statistical techniques (hypothesis tests, distribution modeling etc.), data science tools (SQL, Python, PySpark, Pandas etc.), and data visualization tools (Tableau, Bokeh etc.). We work hand-in-hand with other departments including marketing, product management, revenue operations, and sales.
What you will do
- Provide actionable insights into company operations by linking different databases and providing analysis on the data. This will involve writing scripts (e.g. Python, PySpark, SQL), statistical analysis (e.g. correlation, significance tests, difference-in-difference), and data visualization (e.g. Bokeh, Altair). The results must be communicated back to stakeholders clearly and concisely.
- Create new marketing content using large-scale data. This may include; collating and combining threat data, company data, and vulnerability data; discovering underlying trends using data science methods; provide a compelling and convincing narrative based on data analysis. Build scripts and systems to monitor data quality and report on issues found. This may involve the use of probability distributions and data modeling.
- Produce reports on the company’s internal data for the executive team and others.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a major or minor in a quantitative/technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Finance, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with typical cloud-based data science stack tools: Python, SQL, PySpark, Pandas, Databricks (or the equivalent).
- Familiarity with statistical concepts (normal and non-normal distributions, hypothesis tests, confidence intervals).
- Ability to communicate clearly and well in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work well with non-technical people and people in other disciplines.
- A desire to use data science techniques in a business context.
- Willingness to learn about cyber security
- Any experience with BI tools is a plus
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Junior Data Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Kafka-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs