Staff Software Engineer, Big Data Activation
San Francisco, CA, United States
Staff Software Engineer, Big Data Activation
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Big Data Activation team is responsible for the main data delivery pipeline of the LiveRamp platform. The team processes tens of thousands of batch requests per day, ranging in size from GBs to tens of TBs, and provides detailed monitoring, statistics, error recovery, and resiliency to power this core product.
The team is in the process of developing the next generation API for more generic and intuitive configurations for delivery, and re-architecting the interactions between sub-components to better modularize and generalize the core delivery system of the LiveRamp platform to power novel use cases and to scale more effectively.
The team codes in Java and utilizes Docker for containerization, Kubernetes for deployment, the Google Cloud Platform for infrastructure and managed services (eg. Databases, Pub/Sub, Dataproc), and Cadence for workflow orchestration, among other open source technologies.
- Work collaboratively in a small team of engineers to scale a system processing petabytes of data every day.
- Help shape the future of our big data technology platform.
- Infuse industry best practices into our team processes and development practices.
- Assist in architectural design and implementation of our systems and interfaces.
- Develop our data processing pipelines using technology such as Spark, Dataproc, and Kubernetes.
- Research and experiment strategies to optimize the performance and efficiency of petabytes of data processing.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Provide operational support for our team’s production systems.
- Share the remarkable work of our Activations team with the world through tech talks, blog posts, whitepapers, and conference participation.
- Learn and grow in your role and career.
Your team will:
- Experiment with and leverage new open source technology to build highly scalable distributed workflow orchestration and data processing systems (check out https://cadenceworkflow.io/ for a recent example).
- Define and iterate on LiveRamp’s next generation of platform APIs to expose complex data processing functionality in intuitive interfaces.
- Help define and drive forward the architectural vision of the LiveRamp platform.
- Design, optimize, improve, and maintain multiple different big data applications/products.
- Extract the highest value and most useful features from the Google Cloud Platform to ensure that our applications are scalable, cost-effective, and maintainable.
- 5+ years of experience writing and deploying high-quality production code.
- Solid Java and Scala programming skills.
- A track record of ownership building systems that process petabytes of data.
- Led big data projects of significant scope and complexity.
- Communication skills to share highly technical information with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Experience selecting and using industry-standard open source and/or commercial tools and libraries to solve specific problems.
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Deeply inquisitive. Always asking why we do things and how we can do them better.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strive for perfection but settle for excellence.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable technical solutions that verifiably meet specific, well-defined business requirements.
- Have made significant and meaningful development contributions to team projects involving distributed systems operating at scale.
- List preferred qualifications, if any here
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs