Pacific Air IndustriesBuilding the next generation of aerospace services
Founded in 1959, Pacific Air Industries & Air Cert are the aerospace industry’s trusted partners for expendable airplane parts. We help airlines and other air-carriers keep their planes in the air by providing competitive pricing on our extensive inventory and shipping their orders the same day. We can achieve this level of service through partnership with our in-house FAA 145-repair shop, Air-Cert. Today, we are supported by a group of long-term investors that recently invested, looking to build on our strong legacy.
Our vision for Pacific Air and Air Cert relies on us leaning into technology. We have dramatically improved our technological foundations in the last year, and now we are on a continuous improvement journey to leverage that technology to improve our processes. Before we get to the fancy stuff, like big data, we need to improve our blocking and tackling. We have a lot of data, and we are buying more every day. But we have not figured out the best way to capture and deploy that data throughout our organization. We also have even more data sources we could leverage once we are ready. We need a champion and guide for our team to implement and adopt new technology, new features of that technology, new data visualizations and new businesses processes to institutionalize these improvements.
Throughout our 60 year legacy, Pacific Air has been extraordinarily thoughtful about capturing and using its market data. With the support of our new, long term investors, we are putting that thoughtfulness on steroids. We recently deployed a new ERP on the Salesforce platform with both data and operational flexibility at the forefront of our minds. The future of our industry, and especially our niche of our industry, requires high quality data directly linked to business operations. Now, we have the tools to do just that, and we are looking for a champion to drive the initiative.
Data + Strategy + Alternative Investments → all within a small and growing business!
Each day will look very different in this unique, autonomous role. You will be thinking about improving how we capture, consider, and deploy our data to drive our sales, purchasing, and inventory operations. You will sit between the frontier of data analytics and an industry with very dirty, under-utilized data looking for opportunities. You will have the responsibility to leverage data analytics and process improvement to fix inefficiencies across our business and the industry. Therefore, interpersonal skills will be as important as analytical ones. Your optimal designs will consider training & usability as much as data depth and accuracy.
- Investing in Surplus bulk buys: Our airline & MRO partners rely on us to provide liquidity for excess inventory in the supply chain. But, we need to pick our investments carefully. We do that through honed data models that we are continuously improving. These models would become your responsibility.
- Sales Enablement: On a daily basis, you will get exposure to our sales team’s processes and operations. You will have the autonomy and responsibility to leverage data to make them more efficient and effective.
- Other ideas: Our customers want trustworthy access to aircraft parts. We are thinking of new ways to do this every day. You will help enable those ideas and create new ones. In the end, help us keep planes flying.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data interpretation and analysis
- Demonstrated experience using data to solve problems and make decisions
- Demonstrated success in implementing new technology, especially in the aerospace industry
- Experience with Tableau and Salesforce data analytics preferred
- Passion for aerospace and/or small businesses a strong plus
- A “get it done” attitude
- Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position