Data Science Team Lead
Sofia, Sofia City, Bulgaria
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
This role is to lead the data science team responsible for the various data science projects and product features within Handling Robotics.
The roles and responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the team to research, prototype and deploy sophisticated smart systems within the Handling Robotics area of the Ocado Smart Platform. This covers areas such as predictive maintenance, computer vision, automated recovery from hardware errors and augmenting decision-making for personnel within the automated warehouses.
- Work with the Handling Robotics Head of Data Science, Engineering Managers and Product teams to input into the Data Science roadmap - helping to prioritise and align with the area’s overall goals and missions.
- Support team members who are embedded into cross-functional product teams.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of your team with mentoring, coaching, 1:1s and feedback.
- Take line management responsibility for the members of your team.
- Recruit people into the team if required and assist other teams with their recruitment.
- Encourage knowledge sharing initiatives and help build the data science community within the stream and across Ocado Technology.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A strong data science background including solid Python coding skills.
- Good knowledge of traditional ML techniques including time series forecasting and deep learning.
- Experience of coaching and developing others.
- Cultivating a team environment which is innovative, motivational, highly-productive and adaptive to rapid change.
- Able to lead sophisticated research projects.
- Skilled in collaboration both within and between teams/departments.
- Experienced in Agile e.g. Scrum or Kanban, and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience in building computer vision and/or augmented reality applications.
- Experience with creating and supporting production systems.
- Some experience in Java.
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Junior Data Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Kafka-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs