Senior Data Analyst
New York, NY
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We’re hiring a Senior Data Analyst to develop cross-brand insights to scale our supply chains effectively. Our team’s mission is to apply data to identify opportunities, by building solutions that enable improved decision-making and efficiency throughout the supply chain. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have a genuine interest in using and manipulating large data layers from diverse sources and systems, to help solve business challenges and ensure accurate and timely data is always available.
You will have the opportunity to dive into varied and interesting analytical challenges including product/recipe offerings, materials planning, distribution center productivity, as well as final mile delivery logistics. You will steer the business questions at the heart of our Supply chain and growth strategies.
You will ...
- Collaborate across various departments within HelloFresh to support decision-making and to answer key business issues
- Own and steward data sets & flows, with continued adaptation to our growing Supply Chain
- Leverage data blending tools and techniques to provide reliable metrics and dashboards
- You will be utilizing various databases and querying/programming languages to access, manipulate and democratize the needed data
- Develop helpful views to support to enable teams across operations to self-service their data needs
- Continuously improve and refine data transformation techniques to enhance data quality
- Data-driven – You can explore and synthesize large sets of unstructured data into actionable insights to better inform operational decision-making
- Intellectually curious – You have an insatiable desire to understand how things work, why they work the way do, and to consistently challenge the status quo
- Resourceful - Persistently search for information and answers in an evolving landscape
- Detail-oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently
- demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
- A self-starter – You are highly motivated and passionate. You’re eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- An excellent communicator – You can explain complex (often technical) information to a variety of audiences.
At a minimum, you have...
- A BS in computer science, mathematics, economics, engineering, or similar
- Minimum 3 years of professional analytical experience, specifically working within data product teams (e.g. analysts, data engineers, data scientists)
- Advanced SQL and database control skills (DDL, CTEs, views, and query optimization)
- Expertise in Tableau, in both data visualization and storytelling
- ETL/ELT experience is a plus (Python and/or Airflow)
- Familiar with code management practices (git/github)
- Leadership experience, this could be through mentorship or direct people management
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Employee Resource Groups & Company-sponsored outings
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.