Senior Commercial Finance Insight Analyst
London, United Kingdom
TrainlineWondering what it's like to work at Trainline? Our people come first, and our benefits are designed with health, wellbeing and work-life balance in mind.
We are champions of rail, inspired to build a greener, more sustainable future of travel. Our purpose is our momentum. It makes us feel good because we know we’re doing good. As we lead the way to a greener future, we do it together. We’re all about connections - with each other, with our customers and with the world. Just as our platform brings the world together, it’s our ambition that connects us. We motivate each other to go beyond our limits, to experiment, to fail and to always grow.
With over 110 million visits every month to our platform and £4.3 billion in net ticket sales, we're always innovating and making moves towards our final destination — a world where travel is as simple, seamless, and affordable as it should be.
And we couldn't do any of it without our incredible people driving us forward. Today, we're a FTSE 250 company that's proudly home to more than 1000 Trainliners from over 60 nationalities across offices in London, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Edinburgh, Berlin, Madrid and Brussels. It's this diversity that energises us and makes us stronger, helping us to achieve amazing things.
With our sights firmly set on further European growth, there is no better time to jump on board this high-speed train and be part of our continued success.
Great journeys start with Trainline.
As Commercial Finance Insight Analyst, you’ll provide high quality, actionable insight to support our Consumer business. You’ll develop strong relationships with business stakeholders at all levels whilst deep diving into performance drawing on your network within other departments such as Data Science, Marketing and Analytics. Our department is ever evolving, and so you will play an important role in enabling a culture of continuous improvement working closely with the Data team to devise innovative ways to access insight.
- Weekly and monthly performance reporting, including communication/presentation of key findings, spotting opportunities to improve, enrich and automate
- Supporting the business with advice, insight and financial modelling including business plans, post initiative analysis and the generation of new ideas
- Driving the development of Commercial finance function, taking into consideration new technologies, advising on new ways of working, and taking advantage of continuous improvements in data availability
- Investigating and assisting in the development of new commercial opportunities to drive sales, new products, reduce cost, etc
- Gathering external and internal market information to support across the breadth of the business – new product initiatives, performance marketing and customer
- Collaborating cross functionally on a wide range of projects
- Data analysis and dashboard creation using SQL and Tableau
This is a truly career defining role for someone passionate about the commercial side of Finance and Analytics looking for an opportunity to play an important part in a growing, highly rated, team. In return for your hard work, we’ll provide you with lots of opportunity for progression and, should you choose, we will support you in studying for further qualifications as you play your part in disrupting and defining a product that is changing the way we travel and inspiring millions people all over the world to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices every day.
We’re looking for creative big thinkers with small egos to achieve our ambitious plans. You’ll bring experience in a commercial or analytical role, and demonstrate a proactive, can-do attitude. We’d prefer you to have worked within a digital, e-commerce, technology or retail environment but we can flex on this given your ability to work with pace and energy within a growth environment.
A team player with a ‘roll your sleeves up’ attitude, you’ll be used to thinking laterally to solve problems and challenges, and will have a passion for making meaning out of data. Similarly, it’s vital that you bring an innate ability to distil and communicate results of complex analysis clearly and effectively to all levels of the business.
Working independently within tight deadlines, you’ll have the ability to think creatively to identify and enhance both commercial and customer-oriented opportunities. You’ll bring experience of modelling and forecasting and an understanding of broader analytical techniques, ideally you'll have experience with SQL, excel and visualisation tools.
Why should you jump on board?
We pay special attention to learning and development and organise quarterly company learning days as well as offering a learning budget that can be put towards resources of your choice. We will cover the costs of your professional subscriptions and give you access to our very own learning platform.
At Trainline, we care about the wellness of our employees. We host puppy therapy sessions, in-office yoga and run Mental Health First Aider training courses as well as having an Employee Assistance Program as one of our many company benefits.
We regularly throw fun social events such pub quizzes, karaoke nights and our large-scale Summer and Winter Festivals every year. Additionally, we love hosting meetups in our amazing event spaces and having the opportunity to support internal and external community groups.
We also hold companywide hackathons and our annual Trainline Tech Summit, which provides Trainliners with an opportunity to stand up and share their story, learnings, or new skills with their colleagues in a safe environment.
Our flexi-first approach
We believe in the importance of a healthy work-life balance and the value of a flexible workforce. Our flexi-first approach outlines our commitment to a hybrid way of working and our expectations of Trainliners. A key part of what makes Trainline special is our people and the value we get from the buzz and energy of our workplaces, and that’s why we’re proud to offer the best of both worlds. In practice this means in–office attendance at least 40% of the time over a 12-week period for all Trainliners. These in-office days are typically team led to help us connect, collaborate and create together.
Think Big - We're building the future of rail
Own It - We care about every customer, partner and journey
Do Good - We make a positive impact
Travel Together - We're one team
Interested in finding out more about what it's like to work at Trainline? Why not check out what our employees say about us on Glassdoor? You can also find out more information by following us on LinkedIn or our 'Life at Trainline' Instagram account.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs