Data Engineer - Remote (Req. #544)
Rochester, New York, United States
MindexSchoolTool leads the way as the most trusted K-12 Student Management System in New York State.
Founded in 1994, Mindex is a software development company with a rich history of demonstrated software and product development success. Our three divisions – Cloud, SchoolTool, and Software Development – are all rapidly growing, and our employee base is close to 400. We are ranked the Best Software Developer in the RBJ’s 2022 Reader Rankings, the #1 Software Developer in the 2022 RBJ’s Book of Lists, and a 2022 Certified Great Place to Work.
Mindex’s Cloud division is a dedicated group of cloud experts with extensive knowledge of workloads on AWS and Azure. We are an AWS Advanced Services Partner, and specialize in cloud-native application development, application modernization, devops enablement, cloud managed services, cloud migration, and big data and analytics.
Using highly developed analytical, technical, and conceptual skills, the Data Engineer will deliver data focused, cloud native software solutions to various clients. The Mindex iterative process of Agile product development often requires adaptation in approach based on client norms and feedback. The Data Engineer will be inspired by the challenges a new project brings and will provide crucial input to our architectural and software solutions. Effective verbal and written communication, and easy to understand technical explanation will be necessary to keep clients, senior management and staff aligned and engaged.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the client’s mission, vision, and business value as defined by the client’s Product Owner.
- Design, build, test, scale, and maintain cloud-native data pipelines from a variety of source systems and streams.
- Understand and apply software development core principles and best practices.
- Write clear concise code and take part in regular code reviews. Continually work on improving the codebase.
- Deomonstrate drive to enhance Mindex as a business by continually striving to improve yourself, your team, your department, and the broader company.
- Communicate with client stakeholdersusing your ability to give high level overview of completed tasks and convey project vision.
- Build technical and non-technical relationships inside of one’s team, across Mindex delivery teams, and with Customer stakeholders.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physical Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Three + years of software development experience using analytics tools and/or programming languages (R, Python, Spark, Hadoop, etc.), databases (SQL and no-SQL), or data visualization tools (Quicksight, Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
- PySpark experience preferred
- Experience solving cloud-native data engineering problems end to end, including data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment.
- Experience guiding other team members and applying vision to an idea/concept.
- Strong communication skills in order to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely with members of your team.
- Experience using AWS QuickSight as a data visualization tool.
- Experience implementing a data pipeline for an enterprise application.
- Experience using AWS Redshift and/or AWS Aurora.
- Experience using CI/CD tooling such as AWS CodePipeline, Azure Devops, or Gitlab.
- Experience working with AWS Lambda and/or AWS Glue.
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 401k retirement savings plan and company match with pre-tax and ROTH options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employer paid disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, and legal assistance
- Adoption assistance
- Domestic partner coverage
- Tickets to local sporting events
- Teambuilding events
- Holiday and celebration parties
- License to Udemy online training courses
- Leadership training
- Growth opportunities
The salary range for this role is $90,000 - $140,000 and represents the lowest to highest salary we, in good faith, believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting.
Tags: Agile AWS AWS Glue Azure Big Data CI/CD Computer Science Data pipelines Data visualization DevOps Engineering GitLab Hadoop Lambda Mathematics Pipelines Power BI PySpark Python QuickSight R Redshift Spark SQL Tableau
More jobs like this
Remote, Illinois, United States … Remote, Illinois, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 120K - 130K USD 120K+
Lead Data EngineerAzure Data analysis Data pipelines Data quality Data warehouse Data Warehousing +7
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care +3
Madison, Wisconsin, United States … Madison, Wisconsin, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 150K USD 100K+
Data Engineer - Senior LevelAirflow BigQuery CI/CD Computer Science Data Analytics Databricks +14
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
New York City, United … New York City, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 74K - 128K * USD 74K+ *
Machine Learning EngineerArchitecture AWS Classification Computer Science Computer Vision Engineering +18
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Washington, District of Columbia, … Washington, District of Columbia, United States - … Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 73K - 120K * USD 73K+ *
IT Concepts Inc.
Senior Data Engineer (CFPB)Agile Airflow APIs Architecture AWS AWS DataSync +31
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs