Staff Data Scientist
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and WhereAt Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market. Product Analytics at Segment plays a key part in building increased understanding of our products, our customers, and our business so that we can help our teammates make better data-driven decisions. As part of the Product Analytics team you will be working with product managers, design, engineering, operations and other cross-functional partners in developing metrics and KPIs, forecasting quarterly targets, conducting deep analyses, designing and monitoring experiments, and developing models to help make data-driven decisions. You will play an influential role in helping drive critical product roadmap decisions. You’ll have an opportunity to work with high-caliber individuals to drive strategic and operational improvements at our company.
- BS/MS/PhD in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- 6+ years of experience working in product analytics or data science
- 4+ years of experience with metrics, A/B testing and experimentation
- Expert level SQL skills and dashboarding skills in tools like Looker or Tableau
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and statistical programing languages like Python or R
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
- Build & own analytical frameworks that guide the product roadmap
- Collaborate on defining metrics, forecasting their targets and building attribution framework for achieving them
- Design experiments and interpret results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Develop statistical models to extract trends, measure results, and predict future performance of our products
- Creatively leverage new and existing data to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our decision-making infrastructure
- Work with cross-functional partners to deeply understand the product ecosystem and its levers
- Effectively communicate insights and analyses to a wide variety of stakeholders
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928.00 - $166,160.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,312.00 - $145,390.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks