Senior Data Engineer
Current Job Openings at GrindrWant to work for the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people? Check out Grindr’s open positions.
This is a hybrid role based in our Chicago office and will require you to be in office Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What’s so interesting about this role?
The big data space is growing rapidly at Grindr and we’re looking to add a Senior Data Engineer with chops in cutting edge real-time streaming technologies and ambitions to achieve high quality and reliability with TDD, automation, and continuous delivery. Beyond the data pipeline, you will also be instrumental in bringing the data-driven products and features to life and helping build the future of Grindr.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with our product teams, building models and APIs to drive new features, delivers analysis to further improve engagement in existing features, and empowers our business with real-time insights to drive growth in market share, engagement, and revenue. We see 1 trillion events per year and process 10TB of data daily.
What’s the job?
- Design, develop and deliver data products to production, complying with internal data governance, security and scalability of our system.
- Moving implementation to ownership of real-time and batch processing and data governance and policies.
- Maintain and enforce the business contracts on how data should be represented and stored.
- Stay on top of new technologies through R&D and prototyping to continuously improve our big data architectures and systems to streamline how we deliver value with high quality to our end users
- Implementing ETL processes, moving data between systems including S3, Snowflake, Kafka, and Spark.
- Work closely with our Data Scientists, SREs, and Product Managers to ensure software is high quality and meets user requirements.
What we’ll love about you
- 5+ years of experience working with data at scale, including data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field.
- 7+ years experience using Python,
- Experience using big data technologies (Snowflake, Airflow, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Spark, pySpark, )
- Significant experience with relational databases and query authoring (SQL) in Snowflake or other distributed Databases.
- Experience with agile engineering practices such as TDD, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, automated testing, and deployment.
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Kafka, Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Experience with dimensional data modeling and schema design in Data Warehouses
- Familiar with ETL (managing high-quality reliable ETL pipelines)
- Be familiar with legal compliance (with data management tools) data classification, and retention.
Base salary is an important part of the overall compensation package, but there is so much to love about Grindr
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and eligibility for company bonus and equity programs
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Location: We are looking to hire someone in the Chicago area.
Grindr is the world’s largest dating app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. With around 13 million monthly active users, Grindr has become a fundamental part of the global LGBTQ community, and we take pride in empowering our users to connect, express themselves, and discover the queer world around them.
Our next evolution is underway as a newly public company looking to expand and continue to build meaningful experiences for our users. From social issues to original content, we’re blazing innovative paths with impact for our community, all while leveraging the latest tech stacks and striving for engineering excellence. At the heart of our work in this new chapter is a shared set of core values: openness and exploration, a bias for action, and strong support of the LGBTQ community.
With a track record of strong financial performance and plans for continued headcount growth, we’re looking to build a team of talented, passionate, and open-minded people who believe in our mission, align with our values, and are excited to work at the intersection of innovative technology and social impact. Come be a part of this exciting journey with us.
Grindr is an equal-opportunity employer
Grindr is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for equity, benefits, and a company bonus program.
Tags: Agile Airflow APIs Architecture Big Data Business Intelligence Classification Data governance Data management Docker Engineering ETL Helm Kafka Kubernetes Pipelines Privacy Prototyping PySpark Python R R&D RDBMS Security Snowflake Spark SQL Streaming TDD Testing
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Cell phone stipend Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Gear Health care Home office stipend Salary bonus Startup environment Team events Wellness
More jobs like this
Remote; Columbia, MO; Denver; … Remote; Columbia, MO; Denver; Chicago; Kansas City Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 130K - 200K * USD 130K+ *
Analytics EngineerBusiness Analytics Causal inference Computer Science Engineering Industrial Machine Learning +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Fitness / gym +7
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs