Senior Software Engineer, Data Stores
MURALLevel up your teamwork with an intuitive digital whiteboard built for teams to do their best work together. Make it a mural, not a meeting.
Mural’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 600 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our team is a crucial part of the Foundation organization. We are dedicated to safeguarding, supporting, and advancing the software and systems that power all of the Mural’s public services. With an unwavering focus on availability, latency, performance, and capacity, our vigilant eye ensures uninterrupted service delivery to our users. Together, we strive to maintain the reliability and optimization of our infrastructure, enabling seamless experiences for our customers.
Mural is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Data Stores to join our team. You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the database architecture of our software products. Working closely with development teams, product departments, and data engineering to ensure that our databases are scalable, reliable, and efficient, and that they are used with the best practices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implement database architecture for software products, including MongoDB databases.
- Define database schema and data structures based on business requirements
- Ensure that the data stores achieve maximum performance and availability
- Design indexing strategies.
- Design and implement software tools and applications that extend the given capabilities of existing data stores technologies, in order to meet unmet needs.
- Collaborate with development teams, product departments, and data engineering to integrate database components with their client software applications.
- Help product departments use our data stores with the best practices and ensure data governance and compliance.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging database technologies and trends, and propose strategies for staying ahead of our game.
- Be on a rotating on-call schedule
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 5+ years of experience in the design, implementation, configuration, and administration of MongoDB databases.
- Software development experience with proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Experience with NoSQL schema management including large-scale schema migrations with live data
- Experience with enterprise-compliant database models and operations.
- Experience in designing and implementing strategies that provide high availability, redundancy and business continuity to mission-critical systems.
- Experience in managing SIEM solutions like DataDog, NewRelic, Prometheus+Grafana, etc.
For roles based in New York City, California, Colorado, and Washington, the base salary for this role ranges from $152,700 - $190,900 + equity + benefits. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More jobs like this
Sydney, New South Wales, … Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 130K - 200K * USD 130K+ *
Analytics Engineer (Open to remote across Australia/NZ)Architecture AWS BigQuery Data warehouse Data Warehousing ELT +8
Flex hours Flex vacation Home office stipend Parental leave Team events
Remote; Columbia, MO; Denver; … Remote; Columbia, MO; Denver; Chicago; Kansas City Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 130K - 200K * USD 130K+ *
Analytics EngineerBusiness Analytics Causal inference Computer Science Engineering Industrial Machine Learning +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Fitness / gym +7
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs