Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Remote - Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Blue Prism is an international publicly listed software company headquartered in the UK, with global offices in London, USA, Japan, Australia and India. It is undergoing rapid expansion and is the market leader in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) globally.
Since its listing on the London Stock Exchange AIM market in early 2016, it has grown its customer base more than threefold with sales revenue, employee headcount and other business metrics also growing at an exciting rate.
Blue Prism operates a 100% indirect sales model, meaning that all deals are transacted through reseller partners, who range from global Systems Integrators such as Accenture, Deloitte, EY and IBM down to smaller, geographically specific, advisory and implementation partners.
About Robotic Process Automation
As the pioneer, innovator and market leader in RPA, Blue Prism delivers the world’s most successful Digital Workforce. The company’s software robots automate transactions and improve operational efficiencies while meeting the requirements of the most demanding IT environments, where security, compliance and scalability are paramount. Blue Prism provides a scalable and robust execution platform for best-of-breed AI and cognitive technologies and has emerged as the trusted and secure RPA platform of choice for the Fortune 500.
Reporting to the Lead Machine Learning Engineer, this is a unique opportunity to be part of a team of highly skilled engineers.
You will be comfortable working in a phenomenally fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment while developing yourself but also the team around you. Working alongside the Leaders of our frontend team, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in our business and in our customers’ journey.
You should have a good understanding of how modern enterprise scale software is architected. This includes practices such as message queues, micro-services, virtualization and APIs. You will have proven experience using design patterns in everyday development. You will consider SOLID principles in component design.
- Proven product delivery of high-quality ML software implemented with Python.
- A good working knowledge of a deep learning framework, preferably PyTorch or TensorFlow or both.
- Modern software development techniques – version control, unit testing, refactoring, OOP.
- Can balance passion for technology and business awareness.
- Can communicate directly with stakeholders in addition to good documentation and communication skills.
- A demonstratable knowledge of mathematics and algorithms underpinning modern ML methods, for example stochastic gradient descent and basic linear algebra.
- Coaching and mentoring team members in best practice coding methodologies, patterns & practices, testing practices, and tools that complement the software development process.
- The drive to learning the latest ML and Python technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible.
- Experience developing in at least one of C#, Java, C, C++ or Python in a test-driven environment also using unit tests.
- Experience of applying MLOps and DevOps in an Engineering environment.
- Designing and implementing distributed data intensive applications.
- Experience of Scaling and optimizing systems and of “Hardening” research-code into production-ready code.
- Background in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Experience of working within an Agile framework.
- Experience with Rest and interfacing with distributed architectures
- Experience of using testing frameworks
- Prepared to travel domestically or globally on occasion.
- Feed into the Engineering Python software architecture across Engineering in conjunction with the Engineering Architecture team.
- Work with the Lead Machine Learning Engineer alongside both the Product and the AI Labs teams to transform new and existing projects into products.
- Hands-on, improving our delivery systems.
- Support the Lead Machine Learning Engineer in Championing Python development within Engineering and evolving with the business as it grows.
- Identify and resolving performance and scalability issues.
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Private medical scheme
- Employee share scheme
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Blue Prism Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Blue Prism is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Blue Prism via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Blue Prism. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Blue Prism as a result of the referral or through other means.