Machine Learning Engineer - Remote Working (UK)
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020. At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
The Data Science & Pricing Team is responsible for all the aspects related to data, including making data available, data cleaning, extraction, problem formulation and definition of success metrics, designing, implementing and testing models, and productionising new tools and algorithms.
We are looking for an ML Engineer to join our team of specialists. You will support the velocity and effectiveness of data scientists across our Data Science team and data squads by developing tools and systems to supercharge our capability as we scale to an international business. You will have impact by enabling data science to power our core capabilities while ensuring reproducibility, accountability, collaboration and continuous improvement.
About the role
Over the next 12 months:
- You will play a central role in architecting, creating and improving Zego’s cutting edge data science/ML systems.
- You will work closely with the Data Science and Engineering teams to design, develop, deploy and maintain industry leading pricing models and technology.
- You will dive into the heart of Zego and it’s data to build an intuitive knowledge of the business.
- You will help forge Zego’s core data platform.
- You will design systems that enable rigorous reproducible research practices at a fast pace.
- You will champion a data-driven approach as you partner with stakeholders of different seniority showcasing your inclination as an outstanding individual contributor and develop into other senior roles.
- You will build relationships with the wider Engineering organisation, speaking the language of analysts and engineers equally.
- You will combine prior art, open source and innovative original solutions to create best in class technologies.
- You will work on projects with challenging SLA’s and performance requirements.
- You have BSc/BA in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or similarly quantitative disciplines.
- You have 2+ years of experience in Data Science and Machine Learning, covering systems engineering, MLOps and model deployment.
- You are highly experienced in Python and can write robust and scalable code.
- You are comfortable using cloud infrastructure as code to build data pipelines and model deployment services. AWS experience in particular is a plus.
- You are strongly proficient with Docker and Kubenetes.
- You are well-versed in modern machine learning tools and libraries such as Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Caffe2, PyTorch and Theano.
- You have experience and enthusiasm for reproducible research techniques including version control (eg. Git & Github etc.).
- You have outstanding attention to detail and take care to make sure that your work is accurate and effective.
- You have the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and build a consensus.
- You are a lifelong learner; as technologies and techniques are constantly evolving, you are proactively pushing yourself to develop your skills and knowledge.
- You are resilient to change and use a holistic view of the business to ensure your goals are aligned and your work has impact.
- You have a Master’s degree or other further education in computer science or similar.
- You have previous experience in a fast–growing scale–up.
- You have previous experience in the insurance industry.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs