Lead Data Engineer
VisaDas digitale und mobile Zahlungsnetzwerk von Visa steht an der Spitze der neuen Zahlungstechnologien für die neue Zahlung, elektronische und kontaktlose Zahlung, die die Welt des Geldes bilden
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
New Payment Flows (NPF) division’s charter is to capture new sources of money movement through card and non-card flows, including Visa Business Solutions, Government Solutions and Visa Direct which presents an enormous growth opportunity. Our team brings payment solutions and associated services to clients around the globe. Our global clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Multi Nationals and Governments.
The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) and Visa Government Solutions (VGS) team is a world-class technology organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand products into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. This is an incredibly exciting team to join as we expand globally.
- Strong technology and leadership background building enterprise scale applications using Scala/Java, Spring, REST APIs, RDBMS, and Angular/React. Machine Learning, Data Engineering (Hadoop, Hive, Spark), NoSQL, Kafka, Streaming and Data Pipelines desirable.
- Design and deploy data and pipeline management frameworks built on top of open-source components, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka streaming and other Big Data technologies.
- Champion Design and Coding best practices while technically leading a small team.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Selenium, Chef desirable
- Familiarity or experience with data mining, data science, machine learning and statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is preferred
- Responsible for the design and implementation of an innovative, scalable, and distributed systems that take advantage of technology to allow standardization, security, timeliness and quality of data.
- Work with and manage remote teams
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management: prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards.
- Hire and retain world class talents to deliver data platform projects.
- Strong Negotiation Skills: You will be a distinguished ambassador for product development, collaborating, negotiating, managing tradeoffs and evaluating opportunistic new ideas with business partners
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
• Requires 10+ years of experience, at least 3 of which were in leading engineering teams
• 6+ years of hands-on experience in Hadoop using Core Java Programming, Spark, Scala, Hive, PIG scripts, Sqoop, Streaming, Kafka any ETL tool exposure
• Strong knowledge of Database concepts and UNIX
• Strong knowledge on CI/CD and engineering efficiency tools including code coverage
• Experience in handling very large data volume in low latency and/or batch mode
• Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of end-to-end software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Payment processing background desirable but not required
• Experience working in an Agile and Test-Driven Development environment.
• Strong business and technical vision
• Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management
• Quick learner, self-starter, detailed and work with minimal supervision
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Angular APIs Big Data CI/CD Clustering Computer Science Data Mining Data pipelines Distributed Systems Engineering ETL Git Hadoop HBase Kafka Machine Learning NoSQL Pipelines RDBMS React Scala Security Spark Statistical modeling Statistics Streaming TDD
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs