Data Engineer - Marketing
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
About the Role:
The Data Engineer at KeepTruckin will be a key part of the Business Intelligence team that elevates the ability of the cross functional organizations to make data informed decisions, and provides the platforms for business insights that are world-class. We are seeking talented and motivated engineers to build data pipelines that drive trust in our data and help ensure the adoption of a data culture at KeepTruckin. Data Engineers are responsible for understanding the business reporting needs (what are the measures and what is being reported), understand what is being captured, and how that can be manipulated to correctly calculate the desired metrics, building the data pipelines, and ensuring that master data tables are monitored, up to date, and correct. This Data Engineer will work closely initially with Marketing, but over time may work with Finance, Operations, and Sales teams to build governed and trusted data pipelines for all teams.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Marketing teams to develop data pipelines for Business Intelligence
- Collaborate with the business stakeholders to align on roadmaps for data priorities to support company and Marketing team priorities
- Partner closely with leadership and business stakeholders to embrace a culture of hypothesis-driven innovation; help stakeholders identify key questions, structure experiments, and interpret results to power data-driven decisions
- Create repeatable methodologies for Master data pipelines and management.
- Facilitate trust in data that enables business stakeholders to answer their questions and have complete confidence in the answers they find.
- Work in a team of data engineers, platform engineers, and architects that enable the success of business intelligence at KeepTruckin
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
- Developing ETL pipelines in and out of data warehouses with Python and other industry standard ETL tool sets.
- Strong technical experience with Marketing cloud platforms (ex Salesforce, Marketo, Snowflake) and infrastructure solutions.
- Experience with designing, building and maintaining critical Marketing data pipelines to ensure highly accurate and reliable business reporting
- Must have 4 years of working within Data Warehouse environments
- Expertise with Tableau, Snowflake, SQL, and Python as applied to Business Intelligence strongly desired
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.