Senior Data Engineer
Chantilly, VA or Washington, DC
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer who is excited about solving national security related data problems. If data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and automation is something you would be energized to work on, this is the position for you.
- Manipulate and store large amounts of data with an eye for performance and efficiency
- Work with technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem such as HBase, Spark, Phoenix
- Automate deployment and ingestion of data
- Design and build data services for consumption by application developers
- 6 or more years of experience in software/system development with a Master degree or 8 or more years of experience with a Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- 2 or more years of experience working with data technologies
- Interest In:
- Building data services
- Scaling systems on AWS - Elastic MapReduce
- Building and Managing large performant data pipelines
- Apache Airflow or other data flow tools
- Experience with:
- Working on a cross functional team
- Delivering big data solutions
- Amazon Web Services
- DevOps best practices - Jenkins
- Debugging data pipeline issues
- Comfortable with:
- Interaction with analysts to help drive big data analytics
- Agile development
- Hands on system engineering tasks
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI access. Must be able to pass a counterintelligence (CI) polygraph examination.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Junior Data Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Kafka-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs