Staff Machine Learning Scientist
EcoVadisConfidently manage value chain risk & compliance, build performance for net-zero & sustainability targets, drive value & impact: The universal sustainability ratings & intelligence suite.
Work smart, have fun and make an impact!
Our purpose is to guide all companies toward a sustainable world.
EcoVadis is the leading provider of business sustainability ratings. Our solutions are backed by an international team of experts and powerful technology.
We analyze data and build sustainability scorecards that give companies actionable insights into their environmental, social and ethical risks.
Why apply to EcoVadis? Be a part of the global sustainability change in business. Grow your career. Work with extraordinary people.
Our Technology and Platform Services department designs and secures the platform that underpins all of our offerings, achieving scalability and continuous improvement through innovation and collaboration.
We are looking for a highly motivated Staff Machine Learning Scientist to join our growing AI Center of Excellence team, responsible for using machine learning to drive innovation across the organization and accelerate positive impact on our planet and society.
Your global responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Working with large, complex data sets to solve challenging business problems by applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Articulating and translating business questions into technical solutions
- Building, benchmarking, and maintaining machine learning models and supervising data annotation efforts
- Leveraging Python, MLflow, Azure stack (e.g., Azure cloud, Azure ML, Azure Data Factory) and Databricks to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Innovating by adapting new machine learning algorithms
- Promoting best practices in machine learning and mentoring junior team members
- Leading functional teams and projects to accelerate the adoption of technology and AI within the organization
- Staying in close contact with customers to evaluate their needs and recommend solutions that increase customer satisfaction and drive business value
- Staying on top of technology trends in the area of, but not limited to, AI and ML and apply this knowledge to the key challenges ahead of EcoVadis
Education and experience
- PhD or Master’s degree in quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics/Applied Math, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Data Science, Physics)
- 8+ years of overall experience in machine learning and data mining techniques
- Expert knowledge of machine learning from forecasting to architectures used in NLP, such as transformers and RNN models, and NLP tasks (e.g., named entity recognition(NER), entity linking, question answering, semantic search)
- Advanced knowledge of ML frameworks and libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Experience in leading end-to-end ML projects, from design to implementation to integration, and applying best software development practices
- Excellent mentoring skills and accountability for high quality and timely delivery of the initiatives they lead
- Experience of cross-functional collaboration in the development of ML products and services (e.g., Engineers, Product Managers) is a plus
Skills, abilities and work standards
- Continuous Learner – Ability to continually develop and improve one’s skill and knowledge to perform effectively and adapt to change in the workplace. Development occurs through a variety of learning opportunities, seeking feedback, and individual reflection.
- Personally Effective - Making use of all of the personal resources at your disposal (talents, skills, energy, and time) to achieve goals.
- Authentic - Being honest and authentic in communication, feedback and strategy.
- Results-driven - Setting high goals for themselves and others. They accomplish their goals by effectively working through challenges and demonstrate commitment to the company's goals.
- Creative Problem Solver - Focused on improving their practices and results. They are open to new ideas and they maximize available resources.
- Collaborator & Partner - Works effectively with others to achieve shared goals through cooperation, sharing knowledge, joint problem-solving, and celebrating success.
- Contract type: Permanent
- Location: Barcelona, Spain (or remote from anywhere in Spain).
Our growing team in Spain is full of talented professionals from various fields who all share a desire to make sustainability real.
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth from day one.
This includes extensive onboarding, teammates' support and a brand new e-learning platform bursting with courses and modules. So you can learn new skills and fine-tune old ones! In return for your expertise and energy, we offer:
Working organization benefits:
- Casual and very friendly work environment Hybrid work organization (from the office or from home)
- Flexible working hours
- Home office allowance program IT equipment allowance
- Working from anywhere policy (3 months per year)
- Opportunity to work in a truly international atmosphere
Our hiring team looks forward to reviewing your CV, in English, with a guaranteed response to every application.
A new job with purpose awaits you!
Don’t fit all the criteria but still think you’d be a good candidate?
Please apply anyway to give our hiring team the opportunity to assess your skills and to learn more about what you could bring to EcoVadis. We’re interested in hiring capable people, regardless of professional and educational background.
Can the hiring process be adjusted to suit my needs? Yes.
We want everyone going through the hiring process with EcoVadis to feel confident that you are able to demonstrate your full potential. We welcome applications from disabled people, people with long-term health conditions, and neurodiverse candidates. If you need any adjustments, including the provision of interview questions, please let the hiring team know.
Our team’s strength comes from everyone’s uniqueness and is founded upon mutual respect.
EcoVadis commits to equity, inclusion and reducing bias in our hiring processes. EcoVadis does not accept any form of discrimination based on color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, beliefs, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, parental status, or any other protected characteristic that makes you unique. In your application, we encourage you to remove personal information such as: photographs, marital status, number of children, religion, gender, residential postal code, university graduation date, past medical or parental leave(s) taken, nationality (instead, please state if you are legally eligible to work in the job region/country), university name (instead, please state any degrees obtained and the study major).
Employee referral bonus policy Paid employee volunteer day Paid moving day ( 1/year) Access to online learning library Virtual and in-person team building events Co working space with various services + opportunity to work in different locations (Europe and International)
Wellness and Healthcare benefits:
Health, Wellness, and Dental Benefits Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Accidental death, long-term disability insurance : 100% supported by the company Free virtual Yoga/Pilates
Base salary + variable compensation plan GRSP and TFSA matching program available Meals and Transportation Vouchers (Cobee card)
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Vienna, Graz, Linz, Klagenfurt, … Vienna, Graz, Linz, Klagenfurt, Austria Full TimeSenior Senior-levelEUR 70K+
Data Engineering Product Manager (m/f/x)Agile Business Intelligence Data governance Data quality Data strategy Data Warehousing +6
Career development Equity Relocation support Startup environment
Budapest, Debrecen, Szeged, Pécs, … Budapest, Debrecen, Szeged, Pécs, Hungary Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 137K - 207K * USD 137K+ *
Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions
Senior Data Scientist for IoT (REF1838S)AWS Big Data Computer Science Data Analytics Data visualization DevOps +13
Career development Startup environment
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs