Distinguished Software Engineer (AI/ML)
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
You will have the opportunity to build a career solving network security challenges leveraging advanced machine learning techniques on exabytes of data. Help create and deliver the most advanced AI and Machine Learning enabled solutions to discover threats, provide intelligence and protect devices.
Your Impact - other options:
- Deliver internal/external features and value leveraging AI / ML
- Drive the architecture for key cross team / cross product development projects (via architecture/design documents and developing key code modules)
- As an employee in this newly-formed team, help design and build systems from scratch and implement processes to ensure modularity, efficiency and maintainability
- Develop architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global
- Ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards
- Apply architecture best practices that helps increase execution velocity
- Lead and/or Influence technology selection
- Partner with Product Managers and product management executives to define/refine roadmap, demonstrate thought leadership through presentations and teaching across the team
- M.S. or Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent military experience required
- 15+ years industry experience in Machine Learning techniques and data analytics
- 15+ experience in design, algorithms and data structures - Expertise with one or more of the following languages is must - Java, C++, Python, Rust
- Experience with NLP, Recommender Systems, and LLM is strongly preferred
- Experience with Formal Methods toolchain (z3, cvc5, TLA+) will be a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- A self driven individual contributor and an excellent team player
Drawing on the near real-time data collected through PAN-OS device telemetry, our industry-leading next generation insights product (AIOps for NGFW) gives large cybersecurity operators a force multiplier that provides visibility into the health of their next-generation-firewall (NGFW) devices. It enables early detection of issues at various levels of the stack via advanced time-series forecasting and anomaly detection using novel deep learning techniques. Our goal is to be able to prevent service-impacting issues in critical security infrastructure that operates 24/7/365 with zero false positives and zero false negatives.You will be working on the best large language model in the cyber security industry.
We're seeking innovators - a software engineer who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code with a drive to build global products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to solve real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) is expected to be between $230,000/yr to $270,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs