Senior Marketing Data Scientist
London, United Kingdom
TrainlineWondering what it's like to work at Trainline? Our people come first, and our benefits are designed with health, wellbeing and work-life balance in mind.
We are champions of rail, inspired to build a greener, more sustainable future of travel. Our purpose is our momentum. It makes us feel good because we know we’re doing good. As we lead the way to a greener future, we do it together. We’re all about connections - with each other, with our customers and with the world. Just as our platform brings the world together, it’s our ambition that connects us. We motivate each other to go beyond our limits, to experiment, to fail and to always grow.
With over 110 million visits every month to our platform and £4.3 billion in net ticket sales, we're always innovating and making moves towards our final destination — a world where travel is as simple, seamless, and affordable as it should be.
And we couldn't do any of it without our incredible people driving us forward. Today, we're a FTSE 250 company that's proudly home to more than 1000 Trainliners from over 60 nationalities across offices in London, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Edinburgh, Berlin, Madrid and Brussels. It's this diversity that energises us and makes us stronger, helping us to achieve amazing things.
With our sights firmly set on further European growth, there is no better time to jump on board this high-speed train and be part of our continued success.
Great journeys start with Trainline.
Introducing Data Science at Trainline👋
Data Science is central to how we build products, delight our customers and grow our business. Our Data Scientists are embedded in cross-functional teams which exist across product and marketing. Data Scientists have a high degree of autonomy and are empowered to drive the success of their teams, using all data and techniques at their disposal.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be involved in driving insights and strategy for the marketing team, creating and measuring value through experimentation, creating focus through metrics and goals, and building deep learning about what is most impactful for each team. You will be able to determine the underlying dynamics of our complex marketing ecosystem and use this to deliver insights and strategic direction, but your main focus will be a complete obsession with driving impact through our marketing activities, drawing on whatever analytical and statistical techniques that will unlock the most benefits.
Data science at Trainline exists within the wider data organisation as part of the tech org, and is complemented by data engineering teams, data platform teams, and ML teams for when deep ML and AI techniques are required. Our autonomous model creates a huge opportunity for personal influence and impact – as the data scientist on the team you will be actively driving innovation on the team by contributing to strategy, execution and continuous learning.
As a Data Scientist at Trainline, you will...🚄
As a Senior Data Scientist you will be responsible for influencing product and business outcomes, have the autonomy to make things happen and must obsess about having business impact. More specifically you will:
- Develop deep understanding of our marketing operations and opportunities for growth
- Actively contribute to roadmap and goals for marketing teams
- Drive regular cross functional team reviews to measure progress toward goals
- Discover and articulate new opportunities, helping us acquire high quality customers efficiently
- Support evaluation of our marketing through both analysis and experimentation, and building the results into our attribution and capital allocation structures
- Define focus through metrics to enable a broad spectrum of learning across marketing; influencing bidding, targeting, creative and long term strategy
We'd love to hear from you if you have...🔍
- Proven experience in Marketing analysis & Data Science
- Ability to distil and communicate results of complex analysis clearly and effectively to all levels including senior management
- Experience of marketing evaluation and measurement of success. For example, running holdout/incrementality testing to evaluate campaign effectiveness or deploying new bidding models and understanding their impact
- Ability to navigate data sets of varying complexity/ambiguity and conduct analysis to derive clear insights and actionable results
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation/communication skills
- Strong data visualisation skills using tools like Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI etc.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques like econometric modelling (desired)
- Tech Stack: SQL, Python, R, Tableau, Power BI, AWS Athena + More!
Why should you jump on board?
We pay special attention to learning and development and organise quarterly company learning days as well as offering a learning budget that can be put towards resources of your choice. We will cover the costs of your professional subscriptions and give you access to our very own learning platform.
At Trainline, we care about the wellness of our employees. We host puppy therapy sessions, in-office yoga and run Mental Health First Aider training courses as well as having an Employee Assistance Program as one of our many company benefits.
We regularly throw fun social events such pub quizzes, karaoke nights and our large-scale Summer and Winter Festivals every year. Additionally, we love hosting meetups in our amazing event spaces and having the opportunity to support internal and external community groups.
We also hold companywide hackathons and our annual Trainline Tech Summit, which provides Trainliners with an opportunity to stand up and share their story, learnings, or new skills with their colleagues in a safe environment.
Our flexi-first approach
We believe in the importance of a healthy work-life balance and the value of a flexible workforce. Our flexi-first approach outlines our commitment to a hybrid way of working and our expectations of Trainliners. A key part of what makes Trainline special is our people and the value we get from the buzz and energy of our workplaces, and that’s why we’re proud to offer the best of both worlds. In practice this means in–office attendance at least 40% of the time over a 12-week period for all Trainliners. These in-office days are typically team led to help us connect, collaborate and create together.
- Think Big - We're building the future of rail
- Own It - We care about every customer, partner and journey
- Do Good - We make a positive impact
- Travel Together - We're one team
Interested in finding out more about what it's like to work at Trainline? Why not check out what our employees say about us on Glassdoor? You can also find out more information by following us on LinkedIn or our 'Life at Trainline' Instagram account.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Budapest, Debrecen, Szeged, Pécs, … Budapest, Debrecen, Szeged, Pécs, Hungary Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 137K - 207K * USD 137K+ *
Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions
Senior Data Scientist for IoT (REF1838S)AWS Big Data Computer Science Data Analytics Data visualization DevOps +13
Career development Startup environment
Cluj-Napoca, Romania Cluj-Napoca, Romania Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 137K - 207K * USD 137K+ *
Data Scientist for (e-)Mobility Cloud Solutions, Engineering Center, Cluj / BucharestArchitecture Azure Big Data Computer Science Computer Vision Databricks +20
Career development Medical leave Salary bonus
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs