Mid-Level Full Stack Developer/Data Engineer
Vienna, Virginia, United States
Founded in 2003, IT Concepts’ core values – customer-centricity, teamwork, driven to deliver, innovation, and integrity – ensure we work together to be the best, realize objectives, and make a positive impact in our communities. We intentionally created and sustain our ITC culture that embraces change, experimentation, continuous learning, and improvement. We bring our design thinking problem-solving approach that challenges assumptions, prioritizes curiosity, and invites complexity to deliver innovative, efficient, and effective solutions. As we continue to grow in the support of our government customers, we are looking for driven and innovative individuals to join our team.
IT Concepts is seeking an experienced Mid-Level Full Stack Developer/Data Engineer to support an internal corporate development project. As a Mid-Level Full Stack Developer/Data Engineer, you will work with a team of software developers and functional analysts to design, build, and implement solutions to create data pipelines and management dashboards from corporate resources across multiple information domains, including Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Finance and Accounting, Contracts, Business Development, Customer Experience, Talent Development, and Service Delivery using Amazon Web Services and other open-source tools while continuously improving data quality, security, and integrity.
- Collaborate & contribute to the architecture, design, development, and maintenance of large-scale data & analytics platforms, system integrations, data pipelines, data models & API integrations.
- Deliver high-quality data assets to be used by the management team and customers to analyze data and make data-driven decisions.
- Ensure that data are optimally standardized and analysis-ready.
- Continuously improve data solutions to increase quality, speed of delivery, and trust in the data engineering team’s deliverables to enable business outcomes.
- Reduce total cost of ownership of solutions by developing shared components and implementing best practices and coding standards.
Location: Employee is required to be in commutable distance to Vienna, VA
Work Schedule: Hybrid - Work remote and on site as needed.
- 5+ years of software development experience and 3+ years of experience related to Data Engineering
- Strong understanding of data lake and data warehousing architectures in a cloud-based environment.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services relevant to data engineering such as Amazon S3, Lambda, Athena, Glue, Step Functions, DataBrew, RDS, EC2, Database Migration Service (DMS), DataSync, EKS, CLI, etc.
- Proficiency designing and building flexible and scalable ETL processes and data pipelines using AWS services and SQL.
- Ability to design custom ETL processes for multiple data feeds in multiple formats to include file drop, REST feeds, messaging feeds, and direct database ingest.
- Proficiency in data pipeline automation and workflow management tools like Apache Airflow or AWS Step Functions.
- Knowledge of data quality management and data governance principles.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills related to data management challenges.
- Experience managing code in GIT or other similar tools.
- Experience in frontend and backend web application development leveraging frameworks such as React.JS, Angular.JS, or .NET
- Experience developing and implementing API and web services using Node.JS, .NET, or Flask/FastAPI
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the following:
- Experience designing, deploying, securing, sustaining, and maintaining applications and services in a cloud environment (e.g., AWS, Azure) using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.).
- Experience with Postgres database administration, optimization, and data extraction.
- Experience using containerization technology such as Docker or ECS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Familiarity with advanced SQL techniques for performance optimization and data analysis.
- Familiarity with serverless computing and event-driven architectures in AWS.
- Experience working in Agile or DevSecOps environments and using related tools for collaboration and version control.
- Extensive knowledge of software and data engineering best practices.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience establishing, implementing, and documenting best practices, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Clearance Requirements: None
We believe in generating success collaboratively, enabling long-term mission success, and building trust for the next challenge. With you as our partner, let’s solve challenges, think innovatively, and maximize impact. As a valued member of our ITC community, you have the unique opportunity to work in a diverse range of technology and business career paths, all while supporting our nation and delivering innovative technology solutions. We are a close community of experts that pride ourselves on creating an environment defined by teamwork, dedication, and excellence.
We hold three ISO certifications (27001:2013, 20000-1:2011, 9001:2015) and two CMMI ML 3 ratings (DEV and SVC).
Growth | Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, DC Metro List Fastest Growing; Washington Business Journal: Fastest Growing Companies, Top Performing Small Technology Companies in Greater D.C.
Culture | Northern Virginia Technology Council Tech 100 Honoree; Virginia Best Place to Work; Washington Business Journal: Best Places to Work, Corporate Diversity Index Winner – Mid-Size Companies, Companies Owned by People of Color; Department of Labor’s HireVets for our work helping veterans transition; SECAF Award of Excellence finalist; Victory Military Friendly Brand; Virginia Values Veterans (V3); Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Corporate Breath Award
We offer great benefits – Competitive Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance, 401(k) with company matching.
We invest in our employees – Every employee is provided with a stipend to invest in certifications, a master’s degree, or even a doctorate. We want you to grow as an expert and a leader and offer flexibility for you to take a course, a certification, or attend a conference. We are committed to supporting your curiosity and sustaining a culture that prioritizes commitment to continuous professional development.
We work hard, we play hard. ITC is committed to injecting fun into every day. We dedicate funds for activities – virtual and in-person – e.g., we have four season tickets to Nationals games that are available every month, we host happy hours, holiday events, fitness events, and annual celebrations. In alignment with our commitment to our communities, we host and attend charity galas/events. We believe in appreciating your commitment and building a positive workspace for you to be creative, innovative, and happy.
IT Concepts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. As such, any personnel decisions (hire, promotion, job status, etc.) on applicants and/or employees are based on merit, qualifications, competence and business needs, not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information of the employee or family member of the employee, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Airflow Angular APIs Architecture Athena AWS AWS DataSync AWS Glue DataBrew Azure CloudFormation CX Data analysis Data governance Data management Data pipelines Data quality Data Warehousing Docker EC2 ECS Engineering ETL Finance Flask Git Lambda Machine Learning Node.js Pipelines PostgreSQL React Security SQL Step Functions Terraform
More jobs like this
Charlotte, North Carolina, United … Charlotte, North Carolina, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 105K * USD 56K+ *
Data Analytics EngineerAPIs Data Analytics Data management Data warehouse Engineering Git +5
Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance Medical leave +2
McLean, Virginia, United States McLean, Virginia, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 90K - 147K * USD 90K+ *
Analytic Solutions Group
Data EngineerArchitecture Data analysis Econometrics Mathematics Research Statistics +2
Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation Health care Insurance
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States Woburn, Massachusetts, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 200K * USD 100K+ *
Scientific Systems Company, Inc.
Sr. Research Engineer - Controls SystemsEngineering Machine Learning Matlab PhD Python Research +2
Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance Salary bonus
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs