Data Science - Specialist Learning Experience Designer (LXD)
London, England, United Kingdom - Remote
FourthRevWe deliver life-changing experiences that combine the best of career-focused education built with leading technology companies | Contact us to transform your career
Do you enjoy transforming technical data science content into engaging learning experiences that motivate and inspire? Join our learning design team, and you can make a difference by designing and developing learning experiences to help learners achieve employability outcomes in data science.
What your day-to-day will look like with us
- Exemplify FourthRev’s values while demonstrating a commitment to our vision and strategy.
- Analyse, design, develop, implement and evaluate educational content and learning assets for FourthRev’s data science products.
- Demonstrate the principles of project-based learning, backward design and user-centric design in creating learning experiences.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Data Subject Leads throughout the end-to-end design process, including:
- Refining the course map with lead learning designers and Product Owners
- Finalising learning outcomes
- Developing course and module-level learning outcomes
- Creating assessment tasks and activities
- Developing assessment rubrics
- Understanding of the importance of accessible design principles
- Working with subject matter expert content to build learning materials based on advanced data science concepts
- Evaluation of pilot testing data and feedback to inform course enhancements.
- Create high-quality course materials, including:
- Project-based learning activities and content
- Data science-based practical activities leading to portfolio opportunities
- Reflective opportunities
- Written content
- Video scripts
- Motion graphic briefs
- Graphic briefs
- Audio content
- Interactive content through the use of H5Ps
- Live session and masterclass materials.
- Critically review the existing content of storyboards, video scripts and other assets to ensure they:
- align with assessment activities
- align with course-level outcomes
- align with the course-level structure
- follow sound pedagogical principles
- follow accessibility guidelines
- align with best learning design practices.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and other learning designers to perform reviews of learning content on the Canvas platform.
- Collaborate and liaise with peers, cross-functional team members, subject matter experts, and other internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) to guide them in producing quality learning materials.
- Support the project management of the programme, the course builds and ongoing product enhancement processes by informing the project plans, ensuring course development work is delivered to deadlines, and communicating risks.
- Support other team members in selected areas, e.g. as a data specialist.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Education, Learning Design, Teaching Data Science, Technical Writing
- 5+ years of data science learning design / teaching experience
- Ability to transform complex technical material into student-centric, easy-to-understand and engaging online courses, documentation, and instructor-led course materials
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Experience designing and developing high-quality, learner-centric online learning experiences in advanced data science at the post-graduate level
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with quality performance
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Willingness to embrace the unknown, be flexible and continually learn in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to coach and mentor others in the team.
Good working knowledge of advanced data science principles including: statistical thinking, statistical techniques for data science, solving business problems with supervised learning, NLP, MLOps, Time series analysis.
Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Education, Instructional Design, Technology in Education or Technical Writing
Spend your days making a difference.
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
In less than two years we have partnered with ten of the world's most recognized technology companies to deliver cutting edge courses with universities in Australia, the UK and the US. Our unwavering commitment to quality, student outcomes and shared value partnerships has resulted in excellent growth and investment from leading US and European EdTech VCs. We have been recognised by JISC as one of the top 20 edtech start-ups in the UK and by HolonIQ in the ANZ top-50.
Why you’ll love working here
At FourthRev, we are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We are proud to be a remote first company that offers flexible working arrangements and ongoing professional growth and development. We place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations as a critical component of our high performance culture. We are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life.
Get ready to:
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed.
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes.
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!
Our DEI Commitment
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at FourthRev. We aim to continue building a team with a variety of backgrounds, identities, and life experiences. Research has shown that historically underrepresented groups, such as people with disabilities, women, and people of color, are less likely to apply for a job unless they completely match all the criteria and qualifications.
If you feel that you do not meet every single requirement listed in the job description but you are excited about the opportunity and feel a connection to our vision and values we encourage you to submit your application
If you are not selected for this role, we will add you to our talent pool and continue to engage with you should a role arise that better aligns with your skillset and experience.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Berlin, Berlin, Germany - … Berlin, Berlin, Germany - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 90K - 147K * USD 90K+ *
Senior Data Engineer (ML/AI) - Europe, RemoteAPIs Architecture AWS Data pipelines Data quality Data warehouse +18
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Startup environment +1
Paris, Île-de-France, France - … Paris, Île-de-France, France - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 74K - 128K * USD 74K+ *
Vision Machine Learning Engineer - EMEA RemoteComputer Vision GitHub Machine Learning PyTorch TensorFlow Transformers
Career development Conferences Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Oxford, England, United Kingdom … Oxford, England, United Kingdom - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 45K - 85K * USD 45K+ *
Senior Software Engineer (Semantic Fusion - ML Optimisation)Computer Science CUDA GPU Industrial Lidar Machine Learning +7
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Health care Medical leave +3
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs