Data Scientist Operations - Internship
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers. We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All. DATA We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth. LISBON Our Lisbon office is located in Portugal's cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano! THE ROLE We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Farfetch Operations organisation, which is investing in new ways to do smart decision-making and looking for creative methods to run our business. Reporting to the Head of Data Science, you will work with every Operations team - creating a great opportunity to develop projects in different areas.
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering.
- Experience in a Data Science related role, working within a Retail, E-commerce or Operations environment;
- Experience in operations research and machine learning projects;
- Programming experience in Python. Experience developing production software is a plus;
- Previous experience in working with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cloud services);
- Understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts and techniques;
- English language, both written and spoken.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop new data-driven products to ensure pervasive automation throughout Operations;
- Create scalable solutions to our evolving operations challenges using operations research, machine learning, and simulation techniques;
- Engage with the Operations partners to nurture a data-driven strategy in Operations;
- Own models(end-to-end) which are ongoing/in production while maintaining them as well as envisioning new versioning as per business needs/plans
- Access and analyze data to create insights and make recommendations;
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Job tags: AI Big Data Engineering Hadoop Machine Learning Python Research Spark
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 40 11 0