Full Stack Engineer, Internal Data Products
Toronto/ Canada Remote
StripeStripe is a suite of APIs powering online payment processing and commerce solutions for internet businesses of all sizes. Accept payments and scale faster.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
At Stripe, we are building a powerful suite of Internal Data Products that enable all Stripes to understand, analyze, and take action based on data and metrics. As a Full Stack Engineer in our Internal Data Product Team, you will play a crucial role in developing high leverage tooling and user interfaces for data visualization and analysis, all of which are critical to driving data literacy and empowering decision-making across the organization.
What you’ll do
Joining our Internal Data Product Team means being part of an innovative and diverse team working on impactful projects that empower the entire Stripe organization. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of data-driven decision-making and help build world-class internal data products. If you have a passion for data, analytics, and delivering high-quality software, we would love to hear from you.
- Build and launch new capabilities and products that bring significant value to users.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve technical and product problems.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable user interfaces and backend systems for our Internal Data Products, ensuring high performance, accessibility, and responsiveness.
- Uphold our high engineering standards, and elevate quality and engineering efficiency within our many codebases and processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization including dependency engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure, and operations.
- Mentor engineers earlier in their technical careers to help them grow.
Who you are
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products; you’re passionate about solving business problems and making impact, you are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Have a strong technical background, including 6+ years of experience working on full stack code bases and doing anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Experience with front end technologies (HTML/CSS/Typescript/React/Redux/REST APIs).
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
- Are motivated by solving hard problems, and measure your success in terms of impact doing so.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Mastery of front end technologies (HTML/CSS/TypeScript/React/Redux/REST APIs) preferably involving data-oriented products or analytics tools.
- Proficiency in server-side programming using languages like Python, Node.js, or Go.
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3.js, Highcharts, or Plotly, and an understanding of principles of effective data visualization.
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases, and ability to design and optimize data schemas to support efficient querying and data processing, optimizing data pipelines, and ensuring seamless data flow across systems.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs