Financial Data Analyst
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Accounting team at Mailchimp is responsible for all accounting and the basis of financial reporting for Mailchimp. We’re looking for a financially minded Data Analyst to join the team to add value to our monthly reporting.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Data Analyst who’s highly self-motivated and a skilled multi-tasker who can juggle multiple deadline-driven reports and data requests. This role will work on financial data projects that’ll be used for the many parts of our monthly revenue close and broader financial reporting package. This role will also work with other parts of the company that create data points in our homegrown billing system to ensure proper financial recording.
What you’ll do:
- Build custom reports based on data from multiple sources
- Support Accounting and the broader Finance organization
- Create ad hoc reports and data models
- Maintain the integrity of monthly reporting in an always changing environment
- Determine growth trends and create projections
- Develop ad hoc, potentially complex scripts to extract desired data and metrics
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure financial data integrity
- Track down data elements and relationships between multiple tables
- Diagnose and problem solve inconsistencies in the billing system
- Create/maintain a library of financial data objects
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 3 or more years of experience in data analysis/modeling based in SQL
- You have an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You are an expert in SQL and Excel
- You have excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- You are able to work under limited guidance; accountable to complete work assignments
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Google BigQuery and Google Data platform
- Proficiency in Python, Data Modeling, Google Apps
- Experience with Domo or other data platforms like Tableau or Alteryx
- A Bachelor's degree in a finance or related field
- Experience working with SaaS companies
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.