Machine Learning Engineer
New York City, United States - Remote
Blackbird.AIBlackbird.AI’s Narrative & Risk Intelligence platform empowers organizations to identify and measure manipulation of social and public perception through the lens of risk and opportunity.
What has been the effect of disinformation on the world?
Blackbird.AI creates leading-edge AI software to provide critical real-time insights to provide our clients with a deep understanding of ongoing disruptive narratives, their motives, and overall digital noise. We are united by our dedication to our mission. We believe that we have a responsibility to society and that our service is vitally needed by organizations and individuals to create an empowered and critical thinking society.If this mission resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who can join our AI research and development efforts with a direct impact on our core platform. You will work with both engineering and business teams to best understand design requirements. Then, your role is to design and build practical high performance machine learning solutions.In this role, you will work on some of the latest cutting edge applications of machine learning applied to critical problems that affect businesses, governments and society. You will directly work with top management and key stakeholders to define solutions to critical problems that will have immediate impact and value at the platform and client levels. If you are passionate to work on massive, unstructured problems that can be solved using data, we are looking for you.
- Contribute to research and development focusing on the following areas: information extraction, multilingual NLP, automated summarization, graph network analysis, Computer Vision, LLMs (Large Language Models)
- Manage the collection and annotation of large custom datasets for text or vision classification, unsupervised pre-training, translation, tagging, and other related problems
- Capable of understanding and implementing state-of-the-art methods based on research papers and/or open source libraries, and push beyond the state-of-the-art
- Experience with implementing efficient and scalable software systems in Python.
- Ability to integrate implemented software components into a fully functional software pipeline, and provide verification and validation against requirements
- Knowledge of machine learning evaluation techniques, failure modes, and limitations
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience working in Machine Learning or closely related field, with demonstration of successful delivery of novel research and/or product offerings
- Masters degree or PhD from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research, or related fields (strong mathematical/static background with ability to understand algorithms and methods from a mathematical and intuitive viewpoint). Some exceptions can be made depending on exceptional past accomplishments/references.
- Experience with command-line scripting, data structures and algorithms, and the ability to work in a Linux environment, processing large amounts of data in a cloud environment
- Highly skilled in Python development, as well as: HuggingFace, Pytorch, Tensorflow, OpenCV, etc
- Able to communicate scientific concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of AWS and other cloud services
- Experience writing detailed documentation of machine learning systems
- Experience creating novel datasets for scientific analysis or benchmarking
- Capability to contribute at the system architecture level to enhance scalability, testability, robustness
- Experience with generative models of fake text or images
- Experience and top performances in online competitions / hackathons, such as, Kaggle
- Published research in areas related to machine learning, NLP, Computer Vision or its applications
- Contributions to open-source machine learning projects, or related endeavors, e.g. Github, HuggingFace
We’ve outlined specific skills, experience, and requirements for this position, but don’t stress if you don’t meet every single one. Our Talent team is dedicated to discovering exceptional individuals, and they might identify a relevant aspect of your background that suits this role or another opportunity within Blackbird.AI.
If you have passion for the role, please still apply.
What’s in it for you:
Blackbird.AI is embarking on an exciting growth journey and takes immense pride in nurturing a warm and inclusive culture. Our commitment is to ensure that every team member feels genuinely appreciated for their contributions. Together, we’re on a relentless pursuit to be one of the best places to work!
At Blackbird.AI, our core values shape how we work and make decisions. Our values inspire us to be authentic and continue improving. Values like inclusivity are for everyone and are a big part of our work.
We are firm believers in harnessing science and technology to meet human needs. With ethical applications guided by compassion, scientific innovation can dramatically improve lives and help build a more just and equitable world for all. Our talents are most meaningfully expressed through bettering society.
- Competitive compensation package, 401(k), and equity - everyone has a stake in our growth!
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your loved ones, including wellness days and monthly wellness reimbursements - an apple a day doesn’t always keep the doctor away!
- Generous vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance!
- A flexible work environment with opportunities to collaborate with your team in person - you can have it all!
- Inclusion and Impact - soar to new heights!
- Bi-annual offsites - have fun with your colleagues!
- Professional development stipend - never stop learning!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Architecture AWS Classification Computer Science Computer Vision Engineering Generative modeling GitHub HuggingFace Linguistics Linux LLMs Machine Learning Mathematics NLP OpenCV Open Source PhD Physics Python PyTorch Research Statistics TensorFlow
More jobs like this
Remote, Illinois, United States … Remote, Illinois, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 120K - 130K USD 120K+
Lead Data EngineerAzure Data analysis Data pipelines Data quality Data warehouse Data Warehousing +7
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care +3
Madison, Wisconsin, United States … Madison, Wisconsin, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 150K USD 100K+
Data Engineer - Senior LevelAirflow BigQuery CI/CD Computer Science Data Analytics Databricks +14
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs