Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Berkeley, CA - Remote
KintsugiKintsugi is developing novel voice biomarker infrastructure to detect signs of depression and anxiety from short clips of free form speech. Our mission is to help close mental healthcare gaps across risk-bearing health systems, to save time and...
Kintsugi is on a mission to scale access to mental healthcare for all. We are developing novel voice biomarker software to detect signs of depression and anxiety from short clips of free form speech. Awarded multiple distinctions for AI technology and recently named one of Forbes’ Top 50 AI companies to watch in 2022 and Fierce 15 in 2023, Kintsugi helps to close mental health care gaps across risk-bearing health systems, ultimately saving time and lives.
At Kintsugi, we believe that mental health is just as important as physical health. We exist to ensure that everyone who needs mental healthcare has access to the right care at the right time.
About the Team
We're a female-founded organization, united and driven by our shared passion to revolutionize access to mental healthcare. Our mission is ambitious, and each member of our team wears multiple hats and plays a pivotal role. As an early-stage, Series A startup, we offer exciting growth opportunities and the chance to make a real impact. Join us to embark on a rewarding journey, learning and growing alongside our dedicated team of trailblazers.
As our Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will contribute to building robust, production-ready models. You will leverage our extensive speech dataset while experimenting with a multitude of deep-learning architectures to explore state-of-the-art speech analysis methods to solve a variety of classification and regression tasks. Working alongside our cloud engineering team, you will help deploy these models and ensure they stay performant in a wide range of customer-facing applications.
Kintsugi offers a holistic total rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work. The expected base salary for this position will range from $175,000 - $200,000 + Equity. Actual compensation may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
- Design and implement ML models to predict signs of anxiety and depression from speech in a reproducible fashion
- Integrate with our fast paced and highly collaborative engineering and research teams to drive model compute and metric performance improvements
- Identify, evaluate and implement technologies to track and improve performance and reliability of our ML systems
- Identify sources of bias in our ML models and implement methods to ensure equitable performance
- Work with our cloud team to define requirements for production model deployment while balancing compute costs and model performance
- M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science or B.S. with 3+ years of experience in building production-grade machine learning models in industry and/or academic research settings
- Strong programming skills in python with extensive experience with the scientific and deep-learning stack (numpy, pandas, numba, torch, tensorflow, jupyter)
- A proven track record of building end-to-end neural network models and presenting results to colleagues
- Experience optimizing the compute performance of models for production
- Ambitious team player with strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience implementing and experimenting with cutting-edge ML techniques from the literature
- Background in speech processing or audio classification
- Experience with experiment tracking and reproducibility tools (MLFlow, WandB, DataBricks, etc)
- Experience working in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc)
- Recent publication(s) in peer-reviewed AI journals
We have recently been made aware of online solicitations falsely using the Kintsugi name and trademarks that are pretending to hire potential applicants. This includes fake job descriptions and impersonation of our Recruitment team's profiles.
Please only respond to messages received from the kintsugihealth.com domain. All legitimate career opportunities are posted on this page. If you’d like to flag any suspicious activity, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further, if you have provided personally identifiable information (such as social security number, bank numbers or credit card information) to an unauthorized party, please contact one of the following agencies to report this disclosure and receive guidance on any further actions you should take to protect your identity:
- FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- FTC online complaint form (http://www.ftc.gov/)
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov/)
- Non-emergency number for your local police department.
Kintsugi on Diversity
Kintsugi Mindful Wellness, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in all its forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
We are committed to recruit, hire, and develop an exceptional team of individuals aligned by a common vision of the future of computing. We recognize that our team is strongest when we respect and embrace differences while cultivating a culture of inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, orientation, beliefs, and life experiences that make us unique. Our diversity is what drives our greatest achievements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
E-Verify Federal Program
Kintsugi is participating in the federal government’s E-Verify program, which confirms employment authorization of all newly hired employees and most existing employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. For new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification on the first day of work. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go to www.uscis.gov and click on 'E-Verify' located near the bottom of the page.
Tags: Architecture AWS Azure Classification Computer Science Databricks Engineering GCP Jupyter Machine Learning MLFlow ML models Model deployment NumPy Pandas Python Research Security TensorFlow Weights & Biases
More jobs like this
United States United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 106K - 236K USD 106K+
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Data Science & Developer ToolsComputer Science Data Analytics Databricks Engineering Excel Machine Learning +2
Career development Conferences Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours +8
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs