Staff Analytics Engineer, Guest Data
United States - Remote
AirbnbSep 9, 2023 - Find the perfect place to stay at an amazing price in 191 countries. Belong anywhere with Airbnb.
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The Guest Data Analytics Engineering team is looking for a Staff Analytics Engineer to join our team. The team owns the data asset for all Guest facing surfaces and builds frameworks to scale data informed decision making. In this role, you will work with some of Airbnb’s most impactful data assets, such as Search Ranking and Relevance.
The Difference You Will Make:
As a Staff Analytics Engineer, you will bring a unique lens to our data strategy and provide in-depth technical mentorship and leadership to the team. We are looking for someone with expertise in data modeling, metric development, and large-scale distributed data processing frameworks like Presto or Spark. Using these tools, along with first-class internal data tooling, you will scale product and AI/ML team’s capabilities to unlock insights and develop high quality models.
A Typical Day:
- Develop high quality data assets for product and AI/ML use-cases
- Develop frameworks and tools to scale insight generation to meet critical business and product requirements
- Collaborate and build strong partnerships with Product, AI/ML and data science.
- Influence the trajectory of data in decision making
- Improve trust in our data by championing for data quality across the stack
- Influence event logging instrumentation best practices and participate in architecture designs
- 9+ years of experience with a BS/Masters or 6+ years with a PhD
- Expertise in SQL and proficient in at least one data engineering language, such as Python or Scala
- Experience with Superset and Tableau
- Expertise in large-scale distributed data processing frameworks like Presto or Spark
- Experience with an ETL framework like Airflow
- Clear and mature communication skills: ability to distill complex ideas for technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong capability to forge trusted partnerships across working teams
Nice to have:
- Designing high quality visualization tools
- Scaling data tasks via automation
- Familiarity with experimentation and ML techniques
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: email@example.com. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
More jobs like this
United States- Remote United States- Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 175K - 217K USD 175K+
Senior Manager, Data Science (Gen AI)AI strategy Architecture Computer Science Conversational AI Data quality Deep Learning +8
Career development Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs