Theale, England, United Kingdom
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to innovate, win, and grow with us at our UK Head Office in Theale.
The Data Analyst will be providing insight and analysis at the request of key stakeholders and provide proactive insight to support the company's growth plan. The candidate will create and own reports and visual dashboards that support our sales, marketing, customer success, product and engineering, and finance operations. The Data Analyst will report on metrics that can help drive improvement across our operations. The candidate needs to demonstrate the capability to understand business processes and show curiosity into the insights data can provide. The many tasks incorporated into the role include analysing and visualising results, working with key stakeholders to designing and delivering reporting and dashboards. To be successful, the candidate must be a motivated self-starter focused on delivering results that matter and having an impact.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with department heads and key stakeholders in a matrixed organisation
- Drive the identification of opportunities to use data to enhance decision making
- Work closely with data science to identify opportunities for insights
- Build and maintain dashboards in a BI tool to show visualise data to all levels of the organisation
- Train users of the dashboards to enable them to be self-sufficient
- Effectively track and follow up with key team members on data needs and deliverables
- Quickly learn new business processes and work collaboratively with team members create useful reporting
- Organised and self-directing with the ability to identify priorities and achieve results
- Great problem-solving skills
- Able to interrogate and investigate structured and unstructured data
- Experience of creating visual dashboards in a BI (e.g. PowerBI)
- Good inter-personal, oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn grow in a customer-first culture
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Ability to interpret results, identify trends and patterns, and communicate appropriately
- Entry to intermediate skill with basic data analysis and trending tools
- Proven experience with Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Proven experience with corporate BI tool (e.g. PowerBI)
- Prior experience of SQL, R or Python and an understanding of data warehouse concepts
- Experience working with databases and data analysis tools
- A highly curious nature and drive to demonstrate the power of data
- May suit someone looking to progress to become a data scientist
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Bottomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.