Senior Data Engineer (CFPB)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States - Remote
Founded in 2003, IT Concepts’ core values – customer-centricity, teamwork, driven to deliver, innovation, and integrity – ensure we work together to be the best, realize objectives, and make a positive impact in our communities. We intentionally created and sustain our ITC culture that embraces change, experimentation, continuous learning, and improvement. We bring our design thinking problem solving approach that challenges assumptions, prioritizes curiosity, and invites complexity to deliver innovative, efficient, and effective solutions. As we continue to grow in the support of our government customers, we are looking for driven and innovative individuals to join our team.
IT Concepts is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to support Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with a team of consultants, engineers, and analysts to design, build and implement solutions to migrate CFPB’s data to the cloud while continuously improving data quality, security and integrity.
- Collaborate & contribute to the architecture, design, development, and maintenance of large-scale data & analytics platforms, system integrations, data pipelines, data models & API integrations.
- Create transformation path for data to migrate from on-prem pipelines and sources to AWS.
- Provide input and insights, in conjuntion with Data Architects, to the client.
- Coordinate with data engineers to provide feedback and organization to team.
- Ensure that data are optimally standardized and analysis-ready.
- Prototype emerging business use cases to validate technology approaches and propose potential solutions.
- Collaborate and ensure data integrity after large scale migrations.
- Deliver high quality data assets to be used by the business to transform business processes and to enable leaders to complete data-driven analyses.
- Continuously improve data solutions to increase quality, speed of delivery and trust of data engineering team’s deliverables to enable business outcomes.
- Reduce total cost of ownership of solutions by developing shared components and implementing best practices and coding standards.
- Collaborate with team to re-platform and reengineer data pipelines from on-prem to AWS cloud.
- Work together with team members to ensure data quality and integrity during migrations.
- Lead by example and pitch in to enable successful and seamless client delivery.
Location: Preferred in DC area, but role is remote.
- 8+ years experience related to Data Engineering.
- AWS Cloud Certificate
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the following:
- Strong understanding of data lake, lakehouse, and data warehousing architectures in a cloud-based environment.
- Proficiency in Python for data manipulation, scripting, and automation
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services relevant to data engineering such as Amazon S3, EC2, Database Migration Service (DMS), DataSync, EKS, CLI, RDS, Lambda, etc.
- Understanding of data integration patterns and technologies.
- Proficiency designing and building flexible and scalable ETL processes and data pipelines using Python and/or PySpark and SQL.
- Proficiency in data pipeline automation and workflow management tools like Apache Airflow or AWS Step Functions.
- Knowledge of data quality management and data governance principles.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills related to data management challenges.
- Experience managing code in GitHub or other similar tools.
- Experience leveraging Postgres in a parallel processing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the following:
- Experience leveraging Postgres in a parallel processing environment.
- Hands-on experience with Databricks including data ingestion, transformation, and analysis.
- Experience designing, deploying, securing, sustaining and maintaining applications and services in a cloud environment (e.g., AWS, Azure) using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Cloud Formation, Boto3).
- Familiarity with Snowflake data warehouse architecture and SQL querying.
- Experience with Postgres database administration,optimization, and data extraction.
- Experience using containerization technology such as Kubernetes or Mesos.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the following:
- Hands-on experience migrating from an on-premise data platform(s) to a modern cloud environment (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Previous experience with large-scale data migrations and cloud-based data platform implementations
- Familiarity with advanced SQL techniques for performance optimization and data analysis.
- Knowledge of data streaming and real-time data processing frameworks such as Spark Structured Streaming.
- Experience with data lakes and big data technologies such as Apache Hadoop and Citus.
- Familiarity with serverless computing and event-driven architectures in AWS.
- Certifications in AWS, Snowflake, Databricks, or related technologies.
- Experience working in Agile or DevSecOps environments and using related tools for collaboration and version control.
- Extensive knowledge of software and data engineering best practices.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience establishing, implementing and documenting best practices, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with GoClientDelivery
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
We believe in generating success collaboratively, enabling long-term mission success, and building trust for the next challenge. With you as our partner, let’s solve challenges, think innovatively, and maximize impact. As a valued member of our ITC community, you have the unique opportunity to work in a diverse range of technology and business career paths, all while supporting our nation and delivering innovative technology solutions. We are a close community of experts that pride ourselves on creating an environment defined by teamwork, dedication, and excellence.
We hold three ISO certifications (27001:2013, 20000-1:2011, 9001:2015) and two CMMI ML 3 ratings (DEV and SVC).
Growth | Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, DC Metro List Fastest Growing; Washington Business Journal: Fastest Growing Companies, Top Performing Small Technology Companies in Greater D.C.
Culture | Northern Virginia Technology Council Tech 100 Honoree; Virginia Best Place to Work; Washington Business Journal: Best Places to Work, Corporate Diversity Index Winner – Mid-Size Companies, Companies Owned by People of Color; Department of Labor’s HireVets for our work helping veterans transition; SECAF Award of Excellence finalist; Victory Military Friendly Brand; Virginia Values Veterans (V3); Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Corporate Breath Award
We offer great benefits – Competitive Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Legal Resources Coverage, 401(k) with company matching with NO vesting period. ITC Health benefits have $0 premium for certain plans as an employee.
We invest in our employees – Every employee is eligible for education reimbursement for certifications, degrees, or professional development. Reimbursement amount may fluctuate due to IRS limitations. We want you to grow as an expert and a leader and offer flexibility for you to take a course, complete a certification, or other professional growth and networking. We are committed to supporting your curiosity and sustaining a culture that prioritizes commitment to continuous professional development.
We work hard, we play hard. ITC is committed to incorporating fun into every day. We dedicate funds for activities – virtual and in-person – e.g., we have free tickets to Nationals games available upon employee request; we host happy hours, holiday events, fitness events, and annual celebrations. In alignment with our commitment to our communities, we host and attend charity galas/events. We believe in appreciating your commitment and building a positive workspace for you to be creative, innovative, and happy.
AAEO & VEVRAA
IT Concepts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a VEVRAA (Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act) Federal Contractor. As such, any personnel decisions (hire, promotion, job status, etc.) on applicants and/or employees are based on merit, qualifications, competence and business needs, not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, , sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information of the employee or family member of the employee, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.
IT Concepts maintains a strong commitment to compliance with VEVRAA and other applicable federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity. We have developed comprehensive policies and procedures to ensure that our hiring practices align with these requirements.
As a part of our VEVRAA compliance efforts, [Company Name] has established an affirmative action plan that outlines our commitment to the recruitment, hiring, and advancement of protected veterans. This plan is regularly reviewed and updated to ensure its effectiveness.
We encourage protected veterans to self-identify during the application process. This information is strictly confidential and will only be used for reporting and compliance purposes as required by law. Providing this information is voluntary, and it will not impact your eligibility for employment.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunity extends beyond legal compliance. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees, including protected veterans, are treated with dignity, respect, and fairness.
How to Apply
To apply to IT Concept Position- Please click on the: “Apply for this Job” button at the bottom of this Job Description or the button at the top: “Application.” You can upload your resume and complete all the application steps. You must submit the application for IT Concepts to receive. If you need alternative application methods, please email email@example.com and request assistance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Airflow APIs Architecture AWS AWS DataSync Azure Big Data Data analysis Databricks Data governance Data management Data pipelines Data quality Data warehouse Data Warehousing EC2 Engineering ETL Finance GCP GitHub Hadoop Kubernetes Lambda Machine Learning Pipelines PostgreSQL PySpark Python Security Snowflake Spark SQL Step Functions Streaming Terraform
More jobs like this
Remote, Illinois, United States … Remote, Illinois, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 120K - 130K USD 120K+
Lead Data EngineerAzure Data analysis Data pipelines Data quality Data warehouse Data Warehousing +7
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care +3
Madison, Wisconsin, United States … Madison, Wisconsin, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 150K USD 100K+
Data Engineer - Senior LevelAirflow BigQuery CI/CD Computer Science Data Analytics Databricks +14
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs