Data Analyst, Revenue Platform
StripeStripe is a suite of APIs powering online payment processing and commerce solutions for internet businesses of all sizes. Accept payments and scale faster.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Data Science at Stripe is a vibrant community where data analysts, data scientists and engineers learn and grow together. As a part of the MoneyPlatform DS team, you will collaborate with partners who build Stripe’s foundational revenue platform and seller systems. You will work with some of Stripe’s most fundamental and exciting data, and use that data to help drive company-wide initiatives.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will work closely with partners to extract insights from Stripe's rich and complex pricing and revenue data. You will also work with leaders to translate business needs into data problems. Examples include creating scalable data pipelines and reports showcasing pricing insights, price history, distribution and trends at individual and segment levels. You will also use data to identify opportunities and measure progress in operational and engineering efforts to improve Stripe's revenue generation process. Additionally, you will build metrics and dashboards to monitor the performance of our revenue foundation and billing system.
- Work closely with business and engineering partners to translate business requirements to data problems.
- Be the domain expert in billing, pricing and revenue data and can effectively convert data into insights.
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines, metrics and dashboards to improve the availability and visibility of data and insights.
- Partner with leaders to effectively provide data and data insights and clearly communicate the context around the data.
- Partner with product managers, engineering and business partners to initiate and execute analytical projects, including scoping, identifying data source, constructing meaningful metrics and building pipelines and reports.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 3+ years experience in Business Intelligence Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Analysis or Data Science roles, building data pipelines and analyzing large datasets to solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Economics, Science or Engineering
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Strong statistical knowledge
- Expertise in visualization and using data insights to make recommendations and achieve goals
- Proven ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with great attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate results and drive impact
- Comfortable collaborating across functions to identify data analytics problems and execute solutions with technical rigor and data-driven insights.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company.
- Experience with distributed data frameworks like Hadoop and Spark to write and debug data pipelines.
- Good understanding of development processes and best practices like engineering standards, code reviews, and testing.
- Prior experience working with engineering teams.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Remote; Columbia, MO; Denver; … Remote; Columbia, MO; Denver; Chicago; Kansas City Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 130K - 200K * USD 130K+ *
Analytics EngineerBusiness Analytics Causal inference Computer Science Engineering Industrial Machine Learning +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Fitness / gym +7
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs