Director of Autonomy Integration (Remote)
MotionalMotional harnesses deep industry experience in our mission to develop and deploy autonomous vehicles and to make driverless technology safe and reliable.
We are looking for a Director of Autonomy Integration. In this role, you will lead a driven, high-visibility team to drive and deliver on key Engineering objectives. You will be the accountable owner for the on-road performance of the AV. You will develop new cross-functional processes to guide the development of autonomy software engineering. You will interact closely with engineering, product, metrics, safety, and systems. This role gives you high visibility within the company and is critical for successfully launching our autonomous driving software. The ideal candidate leverages a deep technical foundation to focus on Autonomy-critical initiatives, understands business priorities, then works to find a way, resolving ambiguity, and building consensus to deliver on-road performance.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely within autonomy teams, including Localization, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, DBW, Mapping, Calibration, and Autonomy Platform to integrate all the cutting-edge modules into the system.
- Define and maintain AV performance metrics
- Be the technical representative of Autonomy to the rest of the company and represent their needs to help define development priority
- Work cross-functionally with the organization to integrate the entire system including Hardware, Software, Autonomy stack
- Plan, design, and implement the integration process
- Executes program with a focus on technical execution to achieve program milestone
- Work with the Program Managers and Engineers to set program priorities
- Actively and proactively manage and mitigate technical risks
- Leads and continuously develops a high performing team that demonstrates Motional’s core values
What We're Looking For
- Hands-on experience with in field work in robotics
- Experience leading a team of 10+ Engineers in a value driven organization
- Experience bringing a new product to commercial market
- 10+ years of professional experience in autonomous driving or robotics industry with at least 2 of the following fields: hardware, software, autonomy, machine learning, on-field testing
- Strong understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechanical, algorithms and software systems
- Experience with system/software/hardware architecture
- Proficiency writing C++/Python
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems
- Ability to work independently on large vaguely defined problems
- Solving complicated problems in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working on and leading large scale cross-functional projects
- Flexible schedule and willingness to attend evening/night meetings
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of delivery
- Open to 25% travel to work with autonomous vehicles publicly deployed on roads.
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making autonomous vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality. We’re driven by something more.
Our journey is always people first.
We aren't just developing driverless cars; we're creating safer roadways, more equitable transportation options, and making our communities better places to live, work, and connect. Our team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who are creating a technology with the potential to transform the way we move.
Higher purpose, greater impact.
We’re creating first-of-its-kind technology that will transform transportation. To do so successfully, we must design for everyone in our cities and on our roads. We believe in building a great place to work through a progressive, global culture that is diverse, inclusive, and ensures people feel valued at every level of the organization. Diversity helps us to see the world differently; it’s not only good for our business, it’s the right thing to do.
Scale up, not starting up.
Our team is behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's longest-standing public robotaxi fleet. We’re driven to scale; we’re moving towards commercialization of our technology, and we need team members who are ready to embrace change and challenges.
Formed as a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More jobs like this
New York City, Remote … New York City, Remote North America Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
Director of Engineering, ML PlatformArchitecture CI/CD Data management Data pipelines Engineering Genetics +7
Career development Fertility benefits Parental leave Startup environment
London, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 130K - 220K * USD 130K+ *
AI Data Engineering and Data Science Manager (UK REMOTE)APIs Architecture AWS Azure Data pipelines Data visualization +21
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Gear +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs