Remote - United States
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business. We own and manage the data stack, consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery and Looker. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth. Our work spans BI dashboards for business and executive users, ML models for critical business challenges, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers.
About the Role:
This data scientist role will join a growing Data & Analytics team to support high-impact, high-visibility initiatives addressing the most pressing needs in the business. The role will work directly with the VP of Data & Analytics in applying advanced analytics and AI/ML approaches to answer questions and power capabilities which build strategic advantages for AlphaSense as we serve our customers’ market intelligence needs.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience (e.g. as a data scientist) or equivalent
- Experience with relevant programming languages (e.g. Python, R), AI/ML libraries (e.g. Scikit) and querying languages (e.g. SQL)
- Track record of delivering valuable business insights using advanced analytics / statistical approaches (e.g. experimentation, hypothesis testing, etc.)
- History of successful ideation, design, iteration, development, testing, and deployment of statistical forecasting and machine learning models to solve real-world problems
- Passionate advocate for and practitioner of making data-driven decisions with a bias for impact
- Constant learner, one who embraces and exemplifies a Growth Mindset
What You’ll Do:
- Consult on and/or lead the design and implementation of experiments to inform critical business decisions (e.g. A/B testing product features)
- Train, test, scale, and deploy supervised and unsupervised machine learning models to deliver differentiated capabilities and deeper insights to the business (e.g. classification models to determine trial user conversion success, customer churn, or product virality vectors; regression/forecasting revenue, end-user behaviors, etc.; customer segmentation)
- Partner with stakeholders across the business (product, sales, marketing, revenue operations, customer success, finance, etc.) to source, define, and deliver advanced insights and/or ML capabilities to address the highest-value scenarios in the enterprise
- Learn from and contribute to AI/ML approaches used in the AlphaSense product in order to deliver best-in-class customer experience and value (in partnership with Product and AI research teams)
- Contribute to the learning and growth of a team of engineers, analysts, and data scientists building data-as-a-platform and analytics-as-a-service vision for internal AlphaSense stakeholders
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s
commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.